What are the stats with DJI android better than apple?

Reaction score
Ok I'm new here I've seen that many problems with updates with Apple products with dji phantom and very few on android what's the truth !? Android kicks *** over apple or do you have another opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok I'm new here I've seen that many problems with updates with Apple products with dji phantom and very few on android what's the truth !? Android kicks *** over apple or do you have another opinion?

I can't comment on Android, but I can state categorically that I have never had any issues with Apple which weren't my own fault. The way it deals with apps, porting to new devices, upgrades etc is superb. I suspect that you will find that most of the "many problems with updates" you refer to were also self-inflicted.

Reactions: peterepeat69
Using an Apple iPad Air 2 64gb Cellular with my Phantom 3 Pro, and it's been a very pleasant memorable journey. No problems what so ever... Truly a marvelous pairing of digital technology.
If you want the best from the best, don't scrimp.

RedHotPoker

Yes. You have it backward. Looks like it was actually designed for Apple. Not android. Most of the issues are with some android devices. Also. older Apple devices don't work.

Flawless with my apple product. I've always spent a bit more and gone for Apple generally. It well worth it. Android has been troublesome for me in past years so never looked back.

With DJI seeing itself more like an Apple company what device do you think will take priority In future ?

Flawless with my apple product. I've always spent a bit more and gone for Apple generally. It well worth it. Android has been troublesome for me in past years so never looked back.

With DJI seeing itself more like an Apple company what device do you think will take priority In future ?

Well from your sound advice I've purchased an iPad mini 3 recommended by dji, proves that the power of influence works! Many thanks for your kind feedback

If it was that simple we'd all be using the same system.
The truth is there's no simple answer to your question and both can work perfectly well.

The truth is there's no simple answer to your question.
If it was that simple we'd all be using the same system and both can work perfectly well.
It's more to do with budget and ones view on the almighty Apple. Apple products are rock solid but it costs. Most don't want to pay lots or can't afford Apple so go for cheaper systems.
Having said about the price of Apple products , I've not needed to change a product unless I felt like upgrading. I've had my iPad 2 for years and still using it and if I want to sell it will still get premium price still in return. Currently using IPhone 6 Plus for the quad although deciding on whether to go for an iPad mini or Air.

It's more to do with budget and ones view on the almighty Apple. Apple products are rock solid but it costs. Most don't want to pay lots or can't afford Apple so go for cheaper systems.
Having said about the price of Apple products , I've not needed to change a product unless I felt like upgrading. I've had my iPad 2 for years and still using it and if I want to sell it will still get premium price still in return. Currently using IPhone 6 Plus for the quad although deciding on whether to go for an iPad mini or Air.

Well iPad mini is a good idea and I bought one tonight based on public feedback, the other thing is an iPad mini is going to last longer than a galaxy note 4, better plugs and the battery generally is awesome.

Does Litchi seem to run better than Dji app?? Can you use Litchi as a replacement for regular flying aslo. Seems like my Dji app restarts of freezes up to often. Im on android.

I use a Note 4 and find it faultless. I feel that the Litchi app has better video quality and range than the DJI app, especially since the recent update. For a greater variety of photo modes I think it's better than DJI but if flying in a more tricky area I prefer the mapping and home lock on DJI.
I think it's a case of getting familiar with both and choosing different apps depending on your flight intention.

I use a Note 4 and find it faultless. I feel that the Litchi app has better video quality and range than the DJI app, especially since the recent update. For a greater variety of photo modes I think it's better than DJI but if flying in a more tricky area I prefer the mapping and home lock on DJI.
I think it's a case of getting familiar with both and choosing different apps depending on your flight intention.
Thanks for the info. Was thinking of buying it but kinda been on the fence. I feel the Dji app is good but could be alot better. Litchi might be the answer im looking for.

I feel you're new to Phantom Drones in general, so I think it would be wise to learn how this model works fully, through the Go App before jumping into other Apps, than missing something important, that you nay have to fall back on later. No matter what apps you fly with, there will always be @dji technology working in the background. So it's wise that you get familiar with it, before flying off using another's creativity.

If you read these forums with any regularity, you will soon see that no matter which manufacturers model or whose app you prefer as personal choice, there may be pitfalls or disadvantages to any of them. Certainly Litchi has had its problems too, just do a simple search. I know the designers and developers of any particular brand will try to offer you the best experience possible. Even with legal interpretation. ;-)

RefHotPoker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga