What a let down... First day and no joy...

Reaction score
First off I like to say Howdy to you fine folks... I am new to all of this... So I hope I don't come off as too much of a noob.

I have been wanted a quad-copter for sometime now and made the plunge just yesterday. I got me one of them Phantom 3 Advanced. Since I am new too all of this I actually took the time to watch the videos and even read the all of the documentation. Even before I powered up. I know who does that....

I followed along with the DJI's video and did the per-flight check list where I tested the motors and what not. All of the motors seemed find all started up fine...

So I stated to look around at DJI pilot to get an idea where stuff is at. I toggle into still camera mode the screen looks like this.

18055357391_15c3dc61f9_b.jpg

I thought that maybe a firmware issue may be causing this. I went to bed...

Fist thing after coffee I read and watch videos on how to update the firmware. Again since I am a noob and want to make sure I do everything right. I followed the procedure and got the text file saying all was good.

Oh boy my first flight... I sent up the DSLR to take videos of this monumental moment. I had it all planed out with what I wanted to do. I want to take off and fly left right back for forth and land. Nothing to wild.

I go to start the motors and nothing... then the thing just started to beep and me... At this point... um well... I am sure this is a family forum and don't want to get my mouth washed out with soap... I was not happy...

So I looked at the aircraft status and I see there's a red triangle with a ! on overall status...

18056514081_0bd1426467_b.jpg

and with I click on that I see this...

17435088053_e5cdef90a2_b.jpg

I used the chat for DJI tech support and after a couple of hours of fussing they say hardware problem... Contact DJI USA...

So here I sit on a long weekend with nothing to do... Murphy law chapter 4 section 14 I guess

Sorry for this being my first post... It just I am all hummfff... for lack of anything else to say.

Welcome to the Forum spankybear and hate to see this for you !!
Maybe someone be along shortly and give ya some help on this !!
Don't have one yet but will tell ya this . Do download the manual
and read it along with what is in here and not just some video's
and am sure you will have a blast !!!
Good luck to ya :)

Thanks Trumple, However those didn't seem to help.

There's something strange going on. When I fiddle with it and tap or set the P3 down (like a tap) I can get the motors to start. It is almost as if there's a lose wire or something. I don't want to take the chance to fly this with it acting strange.

One time when I powered up the gamble did it's little dance and then went limp. When tapped on it started to work. I am not tapping all that had.. kind of like you set it on the ground.

I do have a question. Can you flash to an older firmware like 1.1.8 or something? Maybe the tap is doing something to the IMU as I am also reading possible issues with that... I do find it odd that this all happened right after the firmware update...

The message indicates that maybe the 8 pin cable connecting the camera to the copter at the gimbal mount may not be connecting. I have had my gimbal off and know that these plugs appear to be pretty delicate. In fact when I was putting it back on one of the wires came out of the plug itself and I very carefully reinserted it in the plug. Apparently that worked for me as I got the gimbal and camera back on and everything worked well. Looking at the copter from the front, the turn it counterclockwise 90 degrees and look at the eight pin plug on from the copter to the gimbal mount. It is visible and you can see if all the wires are in the plug. If they are, it will probably have to be a warranty repair.

Hope this helps.

I looked that the wires and they looks ok. This is a new right of of the box. When I first powered up everything all worked well. It was after the firmware flash. Of course you have to remove the SD card ans this does move the gimble around a tad. I'll get my reading glasses on and take a closer look.

Oh on a side note when in still camera mode the picture is working... Still on the fence with a lose wire...

Thanks everybody for the help... If I sound rambling it my troubleshooting...:) Please don't mind me...

Sorry to hear this bear question are your lights blinking green yellow and red

You might try a different card

From my experience, there are times I insert the SD card, turn it on and the camera runs through its start up, then goes limp, and sends no signal.

The app will not let me format the card, when I put a different card it the camera come back to life, and everything works.
Once I format the original card with a computer it works fine as well.

I broke the 8 pin cable... any idea where to get a new one? Also if i need to replace the cable entirely will i have to open the 40 something screws to get it open? That seems so annoying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic