What’s the highest and farthest you’ve flown

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the highest you’ve taken your phantom? Any pictures?
350 feet high, 1600 feet out. Yup, I'm a wuss. The reality is I have never had a need to go further out.

I've also found 350 feet didn't look much different than 250 feet.

Maintaining line of sight keeps me in my comfort zone.

@ByteSize2016 if you will use our search feature and look for leaderboards you will find several on the different models .
Those will give you distance .
Legally 400’ high and staying in VLOS is what I would suggest
you to stay within. Though lots don’t it is FAA regulation.

Last edited:
300m last week when I was ascending the drone beside the mountain slope in an alpine valley. I don't think it ever reached above 120m AGL.
This is how you can legally fly much higher. The limit is only as long as you can see it. But of course you can not be absolutely sure how is the exact altitude AGL. It is safe also because no aircraft will fly as close to the mountain.
About the distance it was 1250m over a lake, no obstacles and nothing down on the water.

Reactions: Martin Healy
We are all passionate drone enthusiasts. We all want to have the right to fly our drones in the future...

My advice is simple - please don't break the FAA / CAA rules that exist to keep all airspace users safe. If selfish individuals flout the rules then accidents will happen and further restrictions on drone use will become draconian.

Please, please maintain VLOS and don't fly above 400' AGL.

All the best, Martin

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill32174
I have maxed out mine at the DJI altitude cut off at 500 meters (1640 feet) above take off... BUT I was following the terrain up the side of a mountain and was never more than 250-300 feet AGL (above ground level), which is legal. Flying 1640 feet AGL would NOT be legal and I would never do so.

On purpose? ?

or like the time I tried that dang gimble guard. WOW didn’t know they would go that high. But, my pics limited to 400’ above takeoff.

Good luck. Have fun, be safe, follow laws

Reactions: RotorWash_UAV
What’s the highest you’ve taken your phantom? Any pictures?
The highest I've flown my Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is about 420 feet and farthest distance is about half a mile. I'm a wuss, too. I think my problem is I fly with my DJI racing edition goggles (love 'em) but they make me feel like I'm "in the drone". The image is that sharp. I also have a fear of heights so it gives me buns of steel to head for deep space, so to speak. If I were to take 'er up 1,000 feet or more, my buns of steel would make me look like Kim Kardashian walking away.

scaling rock cliffs, rally cars, and ORV'n cured my pucker factor well, many thousand $$$ fines and jail keeps me at 120m up and 532m downrange(so far:) :cool:

If you are in mountains you can quickly go above 120m (150 here at us) but you would never be more than 10m AGL. What is not legal here?

Reactions: dirkclod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94