Wet suit for phantom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have read too many negative reviews on this product. I will be passing in it for sure. Thanks for the input.
Cheers

Hi , seems like you just signed up , not to long ago.

You mention that you have seen to many Negative Reviews, unfortunately that is not true which leads me to believe that this Thread is total nonsense.

People may hate us for advertising and pushing flying in the rain, but they are not ignorant to a setup when they see one.

Phantomrain.org
coal

I don't know why it's called a wetsuit because it covers none of the vents and simply adds unnecessary weight. Whether it's safe or not to fly in the rain, this product does nothing to change any variables other than making the aircraft work harder.

Unfortunately I cannot just have people making up stuff about the Phantom Rain Wet Suit so allow me to set you straight on the some of the Details.

The Wet Suit weighs 3.5 ounces, and almost all the vents on the side and under the drone are covered.

An easy way to check the #1 variable of how effective the Wet Suit is for the Phantom 4 is to run your drone under the faucet right on top of the battery, you might notice water pouring in, thus the Wet Suit seals off the battery allowing you a better chance in the rain.

So im not sure how 3.5 ounces makes your drone work harder, but as far as we can tell and we fly almost every other day its not that much.

Thanks for your interest in variables.

I’ve heard a few folks warning others not get involved in these PWS threads due to being banned.

Is it because these poster’s comments are critical in nature?

Some of these posters on this forum have gotten really nasty, they hate the fact that we constantly advertise on the side bar, , and were ok with taking some heat , and some joking, but the Product is fantastic for those that need to fly everyday,

Now were at a new level : Taking down our company with lies, its ok to hate us , but do it with some pictures if its real.

We had someone in the Mavic Forum review our Mavic 2 Wet Suit before we even released it, so people love to jump on the bus they are not on.

If by critical in nature you mean people calling the phone and threatening to hurt my family , yes we have been asked to stop advertising . Real nice but part of the heat from some of these guys.

What??? Now you don't think I should be allowed to tell people that I was banned? You want to censor that too?

First of all I wasn't talking to you. I was replying to a comment made by someone else.

At least two other people have mentioned that they got banned but you tell me that when I mention that I was banned, that it's not a good idea?

Also, what do you mean by "maybe I'm the one calling you?" Calling you what? I haven't called you anything at all so what are you talking about?

Bud

Bud I thought you would leave us alone ,but telling everyone you got banned is not a good thing bud, I suppose we could post every negative and harrasing comment you posted , keeping in mind you have no interest , you have no product and we have the right to advertise.\ what is your deal ? Maybe your the one calling us ? Jesus its an obsession at this point ?

If I may say a few things, firstly I have no issue with any vendor responding to a question about their product in any thread it's asked in. Secondly I'm not in any way criticizing this product. I simply am trying to understand how useful it is. Clearly the P4 is a much improved design over the P2/P3 shells which have vent openings in the top of the shell and the P4 does not. That in itself says the P4 would survive wet flight better even without a wetsuit. Frankly I'm surprised the P4 gets any cooling during flight at all. I visited the website phantomrain.org and viewed some of the pics and videos and the P4 does indeed fly quite well in a downpour. That does make me wonder if and/or you had any flights that failed due to water getting inside the AC. The battery video was most interesting. I knew of the P4 battery coming out issue and was shocked to see just how easy it can come. The wetsuit seems to improve that issue, but again it begs a question on water resistance, what about the battery release clip? That isnt actually sealed by your product. Can water get in there? Obvs the design cannot block all the vents as the AC does need to breathe as you say, so there is a trade off there. And your website does state that you cannot guarantee water will never enter. It promotes better water resistance than the factory (non wetsuit) which I must agree with. And as you say it offers other benefits such as better visibility for VLOS which I also agree with. Flying in rain is something I'd never do regardless (particularly with a P3) so this really is all moot for me but I have to ask, in all your testing has any of your aircraft failed due to water getting inside?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
If I may say a few things, firstly I have no issue with any vendor responding to a question about their product in any thread it's asked in. Secondly I'm not in any way criticizing this product. I simply am trying to understand how useful it is. Clearly the P4 is a much improved design over the P2/P3 shells which have vent openings in the top of the shell and the P4 does not. That in itself says the P4 would survive wet flight better even without a wetsuit. Frankly I'm surprised the P4 gets any cooling during flight at all. I visited the website phantomrain.org and viewed some of the pics and videos and the P4 does indeed fly quite well in a downpour. That does make me wonder if and/or you had any flights that failed due to water getting inside the AC. The battery video was most interesting. I knew of the P4 battery coming out issue and was shocked to see just how easy it can come. The wetsuit seems to improve that issue, but again it begs a question on water resistance, what about the battery release clip? That isnt actually sealed by your product. Can water get in there? Obvs the design cannot block all the vents as the AC does need to breathe as you say, so there is a trade off there. And your website does state that you cannot guarantee water will never enter. It promotes better water resistance than the factory (non wetsuit) which I must agree with. And as you say it offers other benefits such as better visibility for VLOS which I also agree with. Flying in rain is something I'd never do regardless (particularly with a P3) so this really is all moot for me but I have to ask, in all your testing has any of your aircraft failed due to water getting inside?

The battery video is only part of the battery seal, the bottom part is missing on the video and is a separate video.

So yes the Battery is sealed from water getting inside and from being loose and disconnecting, something that happens a lot to many from rough flying.

This is why we stress that not only is the Wet Suit designed to negotiate water but also to lock the Props in and the Battery, and the Leg Clips , the 3 problems the Phantom is susceptible to.

This is part of the reason why the Wet Suit for the Phantom became so popular , it solved some serious issues.

Thank you for your interest.
Phantomrain.org
Approved Vendoe
Gear to fly your drone in and out of the storm.

An easy way to check the #1 variable of how effective the Wet Suit is for the Phantom 4 is to run your drone under the faucet right on top of the battery, you might notice water pouring in, thus the Wet Suit seals off the battery allowing you a better chance in the rain.

That fact to me is the #1 selling point of the wetsuits.

However, I would not purchase a wetsuit for my drone(s), and it has nothing to do with your product.

It has to do with the fact that rain can (and most likely WILL) get on the camera lens, and thereby mess up any photos or video I would be trying to take in the rain.

That fact to me is the #1 selling point of the wetsuits.

However, I would not purchase a wetsuit for my drone(s), and it has nothing to do with your product.

It has to do with the fact that rain can (and most likely WILL) get on the camera lens, and thereby mess up any photos or video I would be trying to take in the rain.

We thought that same thing but that simply is not the case , it takes and extremely hard rain to really get drops on the lens if your flying with the camera pointed slightly down, the same with the blizzard storms, we were amazed at clear the footage is that we get from the storms and many of them the rain does not even show up on the camera.

The key to flying in the rain is start with the camera straight down and once in flight make the tilt , if you do get a drop on the lens , using the C2 key to shake the camera down will clear it most likely.

There is a difference between the Mavic 2 and the Phantom while filming in the Rain and that is you can almost fly directly in the Rain with the camera straight up and still not get rain drops on the Lens.

I have a ton of pictures of where it pouring rain but you cannot see the rain at al...

Here is an example
These pics are never posted because you cannot see the rain, and yet if you look at the river you can see its pouring.

I have hundreds of pictures but you cannot see the Rain so for me there worthless. lol

The video is exactly the same, it has to be a monsoon for that rain to be captured and that just does not happen all the time,. but for those that need to get the job done, there in good hands with the Wet Suit.

So if apologize as I now see there was a previous discussion. I will not be getting this as it seems general consensus is it still does not waterproof the drone anymore than it is now.
Thanks anyway.
Do not get it I got it it's crap it's all dry rotted after 2 months.Now I have to change my shell.

Reactions: With The Birds
I just got one for my Mavic Pro
I’ll post results later
I have heard manyGreat reviews on the Wet Suit
I got it because I live in Louisiana
Weather changes every 5 minutes
Been caught in rain with my MP before
Had to land where it was
Went and got it
No damage except for my nerves!

Thanks for a good product!

Why IN the whole world would you fly in the rain with the cameras lens wett.....No joy in my book....NO camera takes a good video or picture wett NOT a ONE !

This debate is over for me. I asked 2 very specific and legitimate questions in my previous post and both were ignored. Clearly if either answer had been "no" the vendor would have jumped at the chance to promote that and since that didnt happen I got all the info I need. For those of you who wish to risk flying in the rain I wish you the best of luck. Personally Ill stick with dry weather.

I have flown in the rain and no damage occurred to my P3S or P3P - as stock out of box ... but I sure had blurred video / photos from rain drops on the lens.

It made no difference how I used the pitch of the camera .... I have videos to prove it ... on my channel : "solentlifeuk" ...............

Reactions: 3rdof5
Please don't use WD-40 ...... it leaves a thin sticky residue .... use proper plastic safe Contact Cleaner if you really need to.

Perhaps. I would definitely not suggest using WD 40 on a UAV motor exposed to dust, pollen and the other airborne impedimenta of daily life. I just use it on the submerged motors. Not much dust in the ocean. Then I flood the motors with silicone oil. Now, when I first got the OpenROV I was a bit credulous about that recommendation, but they're running for now two years without problems.

These are some Pretty Strong Accusations that you are making against our company and could in fact effect our sales, thus becoming a legal issue.

Before we get there , can you post the Pictures of the Wet Suit ?

Before we get there can you explain to me why you would not call us for a REFUND ?

Undertand we have been advertising on this forum for almost 2 years and No one has ever said anything like which you have stated.

Im not asking you to back it up , but im telling you to to back up with some pictures.

We have posted hundreds of pictures of the Phantom Wet Suits , and crooked parts are not part of the equation.

We have 12 Videos that are spot on covering every aspect of the Install, again abstract not part of the equation.

Last on my mind why would someone who does not think that we have the right to advertise in this forum purchase our product. ?

Some things do not add up ? So post the pictures !

Oh, go on with it. Plenty of people have posted about your company. Before you start using the L word, you really had best have a nice, calm discussion with appropriately skilled and credentialed counsel of your choice.

This *is* the Internet.

Perhaps. I would definitely not suggest using WD 40 on a UAV motor exposed to dust, pollen and the other airborne impedimenta of daily life. I just use it on the submerged motors. Not much dust in the ocean. Then I flood the motors with silicone oil. Now, when I first got the OpenROV I was a bit credulous about that recommendation, but they're running for now two years without problems.

WD40 was one of the biggest reasons for points failure on older cars that I saw in UK ... when I as racing my JPS Capri ... I did electrical repairs for the car service in return for use of the gear.
People would complain of intermittent ignition etc. .... WD40 was a common item that people liberally sprayed all their cars electrics with thinking to protect against water.

Personally I would use Sewing Machine Oil after contact cleaner ... but if you can get Diala B oil ... that is a light grade that is used in some transformer casings and motors. But its expensive !!

Me too and the claim that camera doesn't get wet in the rain is pure BULL

Bud

This debate is over for me. I asked 2 very specific and legitimate questions in my previous post and both were ignored. Clearly if either answer had been "no" the vendor would have jumped at the chance to promote that and since that didnt happen I got all the info I need. For those of you who wish to risk flying in the rain I wish you the best of luck. Personally Ill stick with dry weather.

Well, as someone who is totally against this idea, I just went and watched a video on their website about this wet suit thing on a Mavic Pro. What I can not understand is how sticking a rubber strip on the outside of the legs of the Mavic will keep water out of the drone when water doesn't get into the legs anyway. It just make absolutely no sense at all to me. All it does is make the legs heavier. Go take a look for yourselves.

The guy in the video took about five attempts to get the rubber strip in the right place by peeling it off each time and trying again, and all he ended up with in the end was a strip of rubber stuck to the outside of the leg of the drone. I'm asking myself, what exactly does that do to waterproof a drone?

Bud

So if apologize as I now see there was a previous discussion. I will not be getting this as it seems general consensus is it still does not waterproof the drone anymore than it is now.
Thanks anyway.

Do not get it I got it it's crap it's all dry rotted after 2 months.Now I have to change my shell.

Not sure I believe you own a Phantom Wet Suit.

Reason being Neoprene does not Rot.
We offer a 100% guarantee on every Wet Suit sold

Maybe you can post a picture of the Rot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4