Wet battery

How wet is "wet"?

Just WET doesn't cause a damage to battery but if you're talking about getting battery into water it will produce a short or intelligent board (inside) damaged.

Thanks I hit branch 10/12 vertical drop into 5 feet of fresh water had it out in less than a min. With an angery beep and red leds It would not cut off so I pulled the Bat.. Video was lost . Took me a hour to pull the cover and most of the pins. I was not finding much water I had air so that was the first step. I whish I had gone further with the tare down thanks again for the advice. I am not sure if I dodge a bullet or not .Trying to decide What to do next thanks for the feed back Rob

The best thing to do is to dry the battery for several days in the nice ole sun bath. Then when you are positive it is dry try to see if it will charge up correctly. Only then place it in the craft and to to the battery tab in the Naza mode and see if there are any errors. If all look good then a short test flight is in order. Then a little longer and then I would only fly a few feet off the ground at a very slow speed till I could determine the the battery was at full potential and discharge rate was good. Two things to remember. The battery powers your craft and what goes up must come down... Somewhere! It's that somewhere that can get you. You need to be 100% confident in that battery. If not, replace it.

Are batteries pretty much ruined after getting wet ? Thanks for the help Rob
Thanks for the feed back I got lucky. She dryed out fine and made a short test today the wet crash was on Friday . She spooled right up with a 9 sat. lock and the flight and camera were fine The Bat. is another story we/ll see in a day a so.
My question to day is ?? Could there be failures lurking and waiting to happen as flights will be longer and further At this time I have 1 good bat. I have a tip If you have to pull your camera down watch out the small shutter button. once apart it falls right out and with luck again I found it and the camera was not fully installed. Thanks for the feed back guys and gals. Rob

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl