Well it happened just like you guys said it would.

Reaction score
3 weeks ago I purchased a P3S. I love the thing I fly it every chance I get. People on this forum warned me to get a better model. I said no this one will be all I ever need. Well it wasn't. Today I bought a P3P that I can't really afford. I tell myself this will be the last one. Inside I know I'm lying. I'm already severely addicted. Now I'm waiting on the mailman like a junky on a street corner looking for his dealer.

Happy flying everyone!!!

3 weeks ago I purchased a P3S. I love the thing I fly it every chance I get. People on this forum warned me to get a better model. I said no this one will be all I ever need. Well it wasn't. Today I bought a P3P that I can't really afford. I tell myself this will be the last one. Inside I know I'm lying. I'm already severely addicted. Now I'm waiting on the mailman like a junky on a street corner looking for his dealer.

Happy flying everyone!!!
Ha awsome,yip i same always looking for mailman or the DHL van, yes enjoy

Reactions: Newbieguy
For me, the biggest difference was the lightbridge transmission. Where the P3S can be almost guaranteed to complain about interference and lose signal at short range, the P3P will fly, and fly, and fly. It does away with range anxiety, almost entirely, with no need to change things or add things (like boosted antennas).

Some other difference - a better camera sensor and 4K video.
Glonass GPS for a more reliable fix.
Downward sensors for a more stable hover and safer auto-landing.
A much nicer controller -it's a subjective thing but it feels solid, reliable, where the P3S transmitter felt a bit.... flimsy. Plus all the controls you need are at your fingertips, instead of on screen.

For me personally its all about the range. Plus the RC is a lot better. Also once I get a better computer the video quality is far superior.

P3S here and yes the advanced and pro is much better but I can't afford it. I am still happy with the quality and the overall results of the video in 2K. I don't need 4K. I don't have a TV or monitor in 4K.

Don't get me wrong I love my P3S. I just live out in the country and could really use the longer range.

I have a P3S. For me, its about my needs and skill. Yes, I could afford a P4P if I wanted and may upgrade in the future but at this time the P3S is all I need.

The P3P has a better controller, Lightbridge, and downward sensors and the P4P has all that and a way better camera. I only fly VLOS and the farthest out I’ve been is just over 300m. I mostly take photos so have no need for 4K. The things the upgraded models offer like a better controller and camera (only slightly in the case of a P3P) do appeal to me but I have to factor in my skill as a pilot as well. I want to concentrate on flying, composing my shots, and learning all the features of my P3S first before I upgrade. Basically, I need to become a more confident and skilled pilot before I upgrade and the P3S is perfect to learn on.

Newbieguy, congrats on your new purchase - enjoy! Will you keep your P3S as backup or sell it?

Reactions: macoman
I have a P3S. For me, its about my needs and skill. Yes, I could afford a P4P if I wanted and may upgrade in the future but at this time the P3S is all I need.

The P3P has a better controller, Lightbridge, and downward sensors and the P4P has all that and a way better camera. I only fly VLOS and the farthest out I’ve been is just over 300m. I mostly take photos so have no need for 4K. The things the upgraded models offer like a better controller and camera (only slightly in the case of a P3P) do appeal to me but I have to factor in my skill as a pilot as well. I want to concentrate on flying, composing my shots, and learning all the features of my P3S first before I upgrade. Basically, I need to become a more confident and skilled pilot before I upgrade and the P3S is perfect to learn on.

Newbieguy, congrats on your new purchase - enjoy! Will you keep your P3S as backup or sell it?
At this point I plan on keeping it.

Yep next it will be buying accessories like lights, landing mats, t-shirt...

I'm relatively new and have a P3s. I have considered upgrading to a 3pro, advanced ,p4 or mavic. Mostly because of range. I would like the 4K camera as well but have to be honest with my self and realize it's not something I can truly benefit from at this point.
For range, I'm adding some amplifiers for remote and burdside antenas. Hopefully this will clear up those issues and I will have a bird that will fly far and if something happens I'm not out too much. I only paid $300 for my P3s and now $100 on this mod.
I'm still too nervous a flyer to send up and out a $1k+ drone to hope it returns.
With all that being said, I am hooked as well and can guarantee I will be upgrading at some point. Hopefully because I want to and not forced to.

I'm relatively new and have a P3s. I have considered upgrading to a 3pro, advanced ,p4 or mavic. Mostly because of range. I would like the 4K camera as well but have to be honest with my self and realize it's not something I can truly benefit from at this point.
For range, I'm adding some amplifiers for remote and burdside antenas. Hopefully this will clear up those issues and I will have a bird that will fly far and if something happens I'm not out too much. I only paid $300 for my P3s and now $100 on this mod.
I'm still too nervous a flyer to send up and out a $1k+ drone to hope it returns.
With all that being said, I am hooked as well and can guarantee I will be upgrading at some point. Hopefully because I want to and not forced to.

I'm like you. Have yet to sail past 500 feet much less 5,000. I installed a DBS just to boost my confidence but never intend to test it like I see these guys doing on YouTube. That will be the day the RTH fails! I find the P3S MORE than adequate for my needs.

I can get out surprisingly far on my P3S with windsurfers. I just can't get down close to the ground at any real distance. I like to film things at distance closer up.

I 1st installed the Arftec and improved from 600' to around 1500' to 2000'. Then I wanted more so now have Itelite and went 2600' over water. Video is choppy etc... Hopefully these next mods will satisfy my needs. So far RTH has never let me down, I also fly a bunch of Litchi missions but would like to be able to still view it live and not freeze halfway though. Then the prayingbtgst its complete if mission and coming home. So far do goood. But long distance video feed would be really nice.

I 1st installed the Arftec and improved from 600' to around 1500' to 2000'. Then I wanted more so now have Itelite and went 2600' over water. Video is choppy etc... Hopefully these next mods will satisfy my needs. So far RTH has never let me down, I also fly a bunch of Litchi missions but would like to be able to still view it live and not freeze halfway though. Then the prayingbtgst its complete if mission and coming home. So far do goood. But long distance video feed would be really nice.

I have the Itelite as well. Going to test Litchi again today.

I have a P3P and know it can fly to 3 miles, but prefer not to. You are spot on not to "send it up and out" beyond the distance you are comfortable with. With your thinking, you'll probably have your drone for a long time. Me too!

I have been out as far as 302m (990ft) over water and that's probably as far as I would want to go. I was still able to see the drone and had a good signal. I could probably push it and go much farther (I have a windsurfer I haven't used) but I would not be comfortable with the risk. If I went out of VLOS and something went wrong and I hit something or someone, how would I know if I damaged something or hurt someone if I couldn't see my drone?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl