Watch Ebay for panic Phantom sellers in the next few days!

Yep, With patience you save money and new products Always have hiccups in the beginning.
That is why i'm watching this out until spring 2017 (unless black friday or christmas sales bring some sort of superduper sale price and I submit).
To be honest it's also easier here up north where rain and cold season is from november till april to keep the drones at bay :D

I guess I am a "panic seller". My P3A is up on eBay now after seeing what the Mavic can do.

I live in the UK though and will be in the USA over Christmas so I will order one soon and send it to my mother-in-law's house and pick it up over Christmas and bring it back to the UK. I'll make a big saving that way.

Selling my P3A in the UK should cover most of the cost of upgrading to the Mavic. Makes perfect sense to me anyway. No panic here.

I guess I was a panic seller. Saw the Mavic announcement, pre-ordered 12:50 Sept 27, posted my P4 and all accessories on Craigslist that night, sold the next morning, cash money for about 75% of what I paid total. Wanted to get it out there before the price dropped too dramatically on my P4. I had already seen promos knocking off $200-$300 from what I paid.

Main reason for jumping on so early was just a day earlier I was looking at my P4 in its backpack and was wondering how the H I was going to travel with it. I'm planning some trips where I wasn't sure I was going to get it through the carry-on rules. Portability was the key for me, crossing my fingers on the camera quality.

Z

If DJI drops the price of the P4, which I expect very soon, then the used P3 models will be worth a lot less.

Great deals for new entrants that want to try the hobby with a near professional class drone. I don't regret buying my P3A and intend to keep it, but I only paid $568 for it new a few months ago. I've bought a case, extra charger props, battery etc. I also bought the DJI insurance for a year, and I'm not sure it's transferrable. So it would be silly to sell a more than adequate drone for the far more portable and admittedly superior but more costly Mavic. Frankly, I probably could not have rationalized buying a 1,000 dollar drone anyway had the Mavic been available when I bought the P3A.

I'm not sure why some people on this board keep confusing the MAVIC with the PHANTOM. DJI has said in all press releases that the MAVIC is a new cateogry. There will be a MAVIC, a PHANTOM, an INSPIRE line. Just because the MAVIC is released this month does not mean there is a fire sale on the PHANTOM 3 or PHANTOM 4. That's like saying when the INSPIRE 2 comes out, there will be a fire sale on the MAVIC. Simple logic says that once the PHANTOM 5 is announced in the 1st quarter of next year, then you'll see the fire sale on the Phantom 3 and the total discontinuation of that line. The PHANTOM 4 would then drop in price as per what happened to the PHANTOM 3 when the PHANTOM 4 was released.

Reactions: liketogethigh
Inspire airframes are going for $1,399 at some sites. If a person is not interested in portability, why buy a Phantom X at a price the approaches the Inspire? Why would a traditional Phantom buyer purchase a Phantom x over the Mavic? What advantage does it have over the Mavic to induce a buyer to pay more for it? If the Phantom X is priced lower than the Mavic, then maybe.

Ultimately prices on eBay are about supply and demand... there seems to still be reasonable demand judging by prices P3P's are going for but supply will only increase as people make the decision to sell for the mavic. There are a lot on eBay with silly high prices or reserves, people seem to think they'll be able to sell old for as much as new which is pretty short sighted. I will be selling my P3P with 3 batteries, 2 chargers, case etc and expect to get about $600 if I'm lucky

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I put my P3 Pro up on ebay, and there are a lot of them for sale. A LOT.. Not sure I will get what I want for it.

I'm not sure why some people on this board keep confusing the MAVIC with the PHANTOM. DJI has said in all press releases that the MAVIC is a new cateogry. There will be a MAVIC, a PHANTOM, an INSPIRE line. Just because the MAVIC is released this month does not mean there is a fire sale on the PHANTOM 3 or PHANTOM 4. That's like saying when the INSPIRE 2 comes out, there will be a fire sale on the MAVIC. Simple logic says that once the PHANTOM 5 is announced in the 1st quarter of next year, then you'll see the fire sale on the Phantom 3 and the total discontinuation of that line. The PHANTOM 4 would then drop in price as per what happened to the PHANTOM 3 when the PHANTOM 4 was released.

I believe most, including me, are referring to the used market. Even though they are different categories a large number of Phantom owners are interested in selling their Phantom to buy a Mavic. This the "fire sale" but I also think the price of the Phantom will drop a bit because the Mavic will cannibalize the Phantom market. The similarities are much greater between a Phantom and a Mavic than a Mavic and a inspire or a Phantom and an Inspire.

Z

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20