Visualization of Front Orientation of P3

Reaction score
Looking for decals that wrap around the underside of the P3 arms to better visualize the front orientation of the aircraft. I really like many of the offerings on line, but am not clear that any wrap around under the ac to see from the ground.
Thanks

I tried adding some decals that came with my P3S. In the end the AC indicator lights are much easier to see. If in doubt, the view on the map tells me which way its pointing. If all else fails, I put it into Homelock and reel it in that way.

The decals didn't help me much and the lights arent noticeable in the daylight for me anyway. I bought a strobe(not lumicube) and that disappeared after a hundred yards as well during daylight. I just want quick ID of front of ac when preparing to land and open field flying. As an old(real old) rc pilot I rely on nose orientation even though I have access to instruments you mentioned. I may try dark decal on underside of leading motor arms and see how that works for me. Just a preference I guess. I really liked the orange leading prop guards, but after repairs the mounting brackets were lost. Long story.
thanks

The decals didn't help me much and the lights arent noticeable in the daylight for me anyway. I bought a strobe(not lumicube) and that disappeared after a hundred yards as well during daylight. I just want quick ID of front of ac when preparing to land and open field flying. As an old(real old) rc pilot I rely on nose orientation even though I have access to instruments you mentioned. I may try dark decal on underside of leading motor arms and see how that works for me. Just a preference I guess. I really liked the orange leading prop guards, but after repairs the mounting brackets were lost. Long story.
thanks

I'm like you...I need to know what direction that thing is headed especially around trees! I find myself using the Homelock feature a lot these days.

I still fly with prop guards. Hadn't considered painting two for the front. I may just try that!

I'm like you...I need to know what direction that thing is headed especially around trees! I find myself using the Homelock feature a lot these days.

I still fly with prop guards. Hadn't considered painting two for the front. I may just try that!
My prop guards came with two orange and two white. Really made a difference with orange in front.
I've never tried the homelock. Need to look/play into it.

My prop guards came with two orange and two white. Really made a difference with orange in front.
I've never tried the homelock. Need to look/play into it.
It works great. Lots of YouTube videos will show you how it works. Then go try it out on your simulator located in DJI GO. It's comforting to know that the AC will return back to you in a straight line regardless of the heading. And you have complete control the entire time. Just be sure there's nothing in the way!

As already said by others :

Use the Flightline display in the corner ... it gives you as much info as you need - heading / flight direction / course to get home. You can have it full screen if you want and zoom in ... or just leave it minimum in corner.

Other way is the RTH feature - if out at distance and you lose orientation - tap the RTH and let if fly back a few metres ... you KNOW then its facing the Home Point and you can stop and then fly as you wish ..

To be honest - the LED's under the legs - I see them for quite a distance even in daylight.

I don't think decals or similar will make much difference ... you could always buy self-adhesive flourescent coloured strip ... cut as you want to apply.

Nigel

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj