Vision Pilot App

I've been trying to learn to fly a circle while keeping the nose pointed in. It is harder than I expected. But I am making progress. I am trying to do a fly by/around of a car. I think I need a pretty tight circle, maybe a 20-30 foot diameter. I see you have this in your app, and more. I just bought it and downloaded and installed it. I will play with this a little later on today. I can't wait! It looks promising.

I'm so bummed. I could not make it work.
I flew with it ok, but it wouldn't change modes. It said something about not having a compass or something like that.
So I could not try any of the features I wanted to.

Last edited:
I've been trying to learn to fly a circle while keeping the nose pointed in. It is harder than I expected. But I am making progress. I am trying to do a fly by/around of a car. I think I need a pretty tight circle, maybe a 20-30 foot diameter. I see you have this in your app, and more. I just bought it and downloaded and installed it. I will play with this a little later on today. I can't wait! It looks promising.

Hi, the POI feature is not in current release. we are still testing it and will upload a beta soon.

I'm so bummed. I could make it work.
I flew with it ok, but it wouldn't change modes. It said something about not having a compass or something like that.
So I could not try any of the features I wanted to.

Hi, if your phone does not include the compass related sensor, the follow me feature does not work. what is your device?

Also, vision pilot supports Phantom 3. Phantom 3 POI did work fine as what we expected. the cool thing is that it supports cable cam as 3dr solo does. here is the demo we would like share:

Ocatcr... Is the android version up to date with ios version yet ?? Are any features lacking in the android version ?
Looking to purchase this again and give it another go, but want to make sure I will not lose out from using the Android version.

Thanks

Hi, if your phone does not include the compass related sensor, the follow me feature does not work. what is your device?
I'm using an Acer tablet, 8"
Acer A1-840FHD with Android 4.4.2
So if I don't have a compass then follow me, POI, circle, cable, etc... none of that will work?

As the instructions mention in the Google Play description, I had to uninstall the app and then download again. If I just updated it did not launch. Appears that most/all people will need to do this.

I can import the csv file into Dashware, but I don't know the right data profile and I can't see anything..
I don't have "Vision Pilot" as an option.

I have tried:
flytrex
vision +
Dashware
Chasecam

I don't want to try all of them.

So far I'm not a happy camper. I bought this app expecting it to fly POI. Nowhere in the description does it say that my device needs a compass to make this work. I can't even import the logger file into dashware. Every reason I had for buying this app has been a disappointment so far.

Please help me. I don't want to give you a bad rating, but I am feeling like I've been ripped off here. I want this to work. I want what I paid for.

I don't do facebook but I was able to see your facebook page and I followed the directions for making a Vision Pilot data profile. It works! I can use your app and play with Dashware. I am getting happier but this is like a wild goose chase or a scavenger hunt. It would be nice if you had all your info in one place.
So ok, help me with POI now. Thanks.

I don't do facebook but I was able to see your facebook page and I followed the directions for making a Vision Pilot data profile. It works! I can use your app and play with Dashware. I am getting happier but this is like a wild goose chase or a scavenger hunt. It would be nice if you had all your info in one place.
So ok, help me with POI now. Thanks.

For the POI feature, it should work without the compass sensor. Since we are still testing it, we will post a beta to our google group this week. If you have any question, suggestion, please add our google group

Ocatcr... Is the android version up to date with ios version yet ?? Are any features lacking in the android version ?
Looking to purchase this again and give it another go, but want to make sure I will not lose out from using the Android version.

Thanks

android version has more features(eg. circle, Ground station, ...). but some minor features (eg. timer / continuous capture) is still missing.

Thanks. It sounds good. I wont need the missing features so might give your app another purchase/try.

I can import the csv file into Dashware, but I don't know the right data profile and I can't see anything..
I don't have "Vision Pilot" as an option.

I have tried:
flytrex
vision +
Dashware
Chasecam

I don't want to try all of them.

So far I'm not a happy camper. I bought this app expecting it to fly POI. Nowhere in the description does it say that my device needs a compass to make this work. I can't even import the logger file into dashware. Every reason I had for buying this app has been a disappointment so far.

Please help me. I don't want to give you a bad rating, but I am feeling like I've been ripped off here. I want this to work. I want what I paid for.

FWIW--- all apps need the compass/gps in for advance features like, ground station, poi, follow me , etc.

that is how the data is provided to the controller. It would not know where the "target" is for lack of better terms.

BTW I don't have this app and am waiting patiently as they develop

Vision Pilot Android 3.10 is released

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fotogearhk.visionpilot

NOTE: Due to the ground station feature, some database related files has been changed. Before upgrading from 2.06 to 3.10, please export all the flight log you would like to keep. And then uninstall the app and then install 3.09.

bug report can be sent to our google group http://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/vision-pilot

Whats new in this version:
- added circle POI mode

For Phantom 3 user, 3.10 already supports Phantom 3 Professional. And actually it has the HOT POINT implementation but you need to install the custom developer firmware to your phantom 3.

Is follow me like where ever i go the phantom follows me? and when i stop it stops? or what is follow me and does it work with android?

Is follow me like where ever i go the phantom follows me? and when i stop it stops? or what is follow me and does it work with android?

Our app works on android and iOS device.

The difference between our app and other third party SDK app, not only follows behind the target, our app features 360 degree to follow the target. eg. our app control your phantom fly in front of the target or left / right side pan the target.

Here is the Follow Me Demo:
Phantom flies in front of the android device, facing towards it and maintaining a specified distance.

Side Pan: Phantom keeps pace with the android device on either their left or right side, faces towards it, and maintains a specified distance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3