Video Editing

Reaction score
What type of video editing software is the preferred one for a new drone flyer? I have a P2V+ and although I have used the Microsoft Movie Maker in the past for other projects, I found it restricting and tiresome.

I would like to be able to upload video to my PC and do all the basic stuff like clipping bits out and joining up clips plus add some music.

Cost is not the main criteria.
Thanks in advance.
Milly.

What type of video editing software is the preferred one for a new drone flyer? I have a P2V+ and although I have used the Microsoft Movie Maker in the past for other projects, I found it restricting and tiresome.

I would like to be able to upload video to my PC and do all the basic stuff like clipping bits out and joining up clips plus add some music.

Thanks in advance.
Milly.

Hi Milly,

Vegas Pro is a good option for PC users. For Mac, we prefer Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere.

Milly- once you get your workflow nailed you'll be able to process very quickly. Once you've gotten the editing software down then you'll get into color grading and other fun things. Welcome to the rabbit hole.

Reactions: Milly

Thanks in advance.
Milly.

This was recently discussed here: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/video-editing-software.39178/page-2#post-361285

So I'll just copy and paste my reply to that thread below:

As everyone else mentioned use whatever works for you but I can tell you that I personally tried over 6 different NLEs before picking Corel VideoStudio X8 Ultimate. Most of the other NLEs were slower to render, crashed occasionally, or everything required an additional cost such as titles, effects, etc. One of the things that really sold me on X8 was that Mercalli, a $250 standalone stabilization software suite was included in the price of X8.

I also found that most NLE's have limited professional titles and effects and were more focused on the video hobbyist whereas the videos I create are for paying customers. X8 does have some beginner features but the more you dig into the software the more pro features you find are available. I also bought Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 but it was extremely slow to render and kept crashing.

Reactions: Milly
i use macs so : FCP X.
But for a quick movie I also use the iMovie software.
On a Mac, the software that comes with the OS IS good for something. Big difference to windows :p

Pickering aside: if you buy such an expensive aerial camera, take the time and money and invest on a good video editor too. Its like buying a Ferrari and driving it at 5 mph :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.