Using olds threads.

Well, I give them credit for, first, searching for an answer that has been previously posted on a topic -- which is more than most people do, I suspect -- rather than just post a question that has been answered multiple times. Even if it is an old thread about a problem, occasionally someone has additional helpful information or observations to add to it. I just jump to the latest comment to see if I'm interested. However, I do find unhelpful comments that are added to an old thread to be a waste of time.

Reactions: Capt KO and Oso
I do wish that when people have an issue and want help they start a new thread and not re open a years old one!
I look at the date opened and ignore!

There, had my moan!
Actually, I think that's the way it's supposed to work. It also demonstrates the member has done their research before starting a new topic.

Ha yeh I notice to some old threads coming up but yeh sometime info in those old threads is outdated ,,I got no problems starting new thread,new always better depending the issue

Reactions: Capt KO
Like most people I'm a member of several forums.
I think that whether it's good to revive an old thread depends on the subject.
Sometimes there is info on old threads which shows up in searches, but the info is now out of date. Anyone who does a search and finds the old thread could be misled.
I always continue old threads if I am asking a question or continuing a discussion which brings old threads up to date with how things are now.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic