Using Litchi with P4P+

Reaction score
I just dug out my P4P+ after about a year and see that it is now possible to download and use Litchi with the built in screen on the P4P+ controller. I have it downloaded and installed and even performed a couple "test" flights. Curious what others have had as far as experiences (good/bad/indifferent) using Litchi vs DJI GO on the P4P+? Is there a way to make the Litchi the default pilot program? Currently I power on my controller, force close all the DJI apps, then open the Litchi app. Just wish there was some way of making it quicker to get to flight.

I have been using litchi on mine since it became available. It is now much easier. Once everything is powered up I just go back into settings and select litchi and it pops up and is ready to go you no longer have to close all of the DJI apps. I do have the most current version on the aircraft and controller from DJI so that may be why you're having to close the DJI apps if you have older firmware versions. Hope this helps

I was never able to install lichi on my 300E. Did you download to an SD card? From PC or other? Thanks

You download from Amazon store. I would suggest watching youtube video on this. Use the browser on the remote to go to Amazon and buy, install.

Maybe they changed, but a month ago I tried to get the Amazon store app on both my 300E, without luck. My + screen says app not authorized by dji. That's why I thought u might have downloaded to SD then install. Have heard others mention that trick. Thanks, will try again. I have S and + RC's for each P4, so it's on my 2 iPads anyhow. Just like my bright, convenient, 300e screens for travel. KO

Reactions: PatsFan
Maybe they changed, but a month ago I tried to get the Amazon store app on both my 300E, without luck. My + screen says app not authorized by dji. That's why I thought u might have downloaded to SD then install. Have heard others mention that trick. Thanks, will try again. I have S and + RC's for each P4, so it's on my 2 iPads anyhow. Just like my bright, convenient, 300e screens for travel. KO

I didn’t download an Amazon app, I went to the amazon website on the built in screen’s web browser.

I did it backward. Went to litchi site on screen which gave me a link to Amazon app store which failed to install. Will go right to Amazon on browser. Thanks! Sounds simple enough. Others I know are watching as many have tried and failed. At least one, me. Fly high my friends.

Reactions: PatsFan
I have been using litchi on mine since it became available. It is now much easier. Once everything is powered up I just go back into settings and select litchi and it pops up and is ready to go you no longer have to close all of the DJI apps. I do have the most current version on the aircraft and controller from DJI so that may be why you're having to close the DJI apps if you have older firmware versions. Hope this helps

I only close the DJI apps because that is what I read somewhere else. I need to make sure everything is updated to the newest firmware and then try doing what you are doing.

Ouch. Have to purchase Litchi Android for 300e. Have IOS already. Oh well. I thought fishing was expensive. But dang this is fun.
I only close the DJI apps because that is what I read somewhere else. I need to make sure everything is updated to the newest firmware and then try doing what you are doing.
Thanks. Decided to wait for now instead of purchasing it again for Android. Appreciate the help.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl