Upper Swan river in Spring, 2020 Western Australia.

Upper Swan river in Spring, 2020 Western Australia. September 30th 2020 Phantom Pro 4 v2
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Nice,loved it,,those birds pretty fast,,like how it started" that's a phantom " good educational tool.
Few more clips you'll be rich $$$$$,,stay safe over there

Ha ianzone, never earned a penny from flying or anything to do with drones. Nor is the channel monetarised. Maybe one day :)
It is extremely safe here in WA, zero pandemic. I hope you, your family and friends are safe.

It didn't look like there was any pandemic where you were standing. That's why I like to get into the bush. It looked like iris growing to the left as the drone was first leaving you? I was wondering what the resilient trees were that was growing everywhere and in the water? There was also yucca looking plants that caught my attention? What were the birds? Ok, I'm done, you can go back to flying. LOL.

Reactions: John Gowland
It didn't look like there was any pandemic where you were standing. That's why I like to get into the bush. It looked like iris growing to the left as the drone was first leaving you? I was wondering what the resilient trees were that was growing everywhere and in the water? There was also yucca looking plants that caught my attention? What were the birds? Ok, I'm done, you can go back to flying. LOL.

My knowledge of flora is very poor WV. I have just looked up “Invasive weeds in the Swan River” and some of the prettiest are invasive. It is so widespread that there is not a lot that can be done. Come to think of it, I came to Australia in 1996, 25 years, so I am an invasive species. :) I need to do a lot of learning about flora, you have spurred me on.
But I do know what the birds are, they are White cockatoos. They are very widespread, you see hundreds of them every day in Perth. This was taken with a MM 1 but you can see them close up if you freeze frames.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: WV. Rootman
Thank you for your reply. I generally hear the same reply about the plant life when I ask. LOL.
Cockatoos are my wife's favorite. With her allergies, they have too much dander to keep one as a pet. She love to handle them, but I test them first, before I hand them to her. I had a friend that was a breeder. I have raised a parrot from being first hatched. He was a talker and lived on my shoulder as I watched TV. I kept a towel on my lap as he was potty trained. LOL
Everywhere I live, I study the plant, wildlife and geology of the land fanatically. Again thanks and keep doing what you are doing.

You have inspired me to seriously start to learn more about flora, fauna and geology. You wife would love it hear in Perth and surrounds. There are millions of Cockatoos, all sorts of Parrots and Pink Galahs. I have traveled to many places and here is the best for birds, which makes it brilliant for drone footage. It is hard to fly and record without a bird or a number of them being in the image or vid. I am a bad man, because I should not do this, but I occasionally about 2 times a week throw bird seeds on my back lawn and up to 20 of all of the above birds go crazy feeding. An idea just popped in, I will record them with a P4P and if they are too spooked use the MM 2. I have learnt a lot from videoing birds so the P4P should be fine. One thing you have to do is to train them, let them get used to the sound and sight. In time when they get used to it, their stomachs become more important :).

You have inspired me to seriously start to learn more about flora, fauna and geology. You wife would love it hear in Perth and surrounds. There are millions of Cockatoos, all sorts of Parrots and Pink Galahs. I have traveled to many places and here is the best for birds, which makes it brilliant for drone footage. It is hard to fly and record without a bird or a number of them being in the image or vid. I am a bad man, because I should not do this, but I occasionally about 2 times a week throw bird seeds on my back lawn and up to 20 of all of the above birds go crazy feeding. An idea just popped in, I will record them with a P4P and if they are too spooked use the MM 2. I have learnt a lot from videoing birds so the P4P should be fine. One thing you have to do is to train them, let them get used to the sound and sight. In time when they get used to it, their stomachs become more important :).
Where you live, it is bad to feed birds?Here in WV. Lots of people have bird feeders. They bad thing is, the feeders attract bear where I live. That has become a big problem. I only feed them when the winter get bad. I have taken a some photos of them feeding.

In Western Australia entry into parks, lakes and other areas where people congregate near birds there are warning signs saying "Do not feed the birds." Same the world over, I think. Possibly most importantly is because what you feed them is not good for them, such as white bread. This means they eat less of what is best for them in their natural habitat. There are many other reasons, just search for why you should not feed them.
I love having up to 20 birds in my backyard gobbling away at locally bought pet food store. So 2 or 3 times a week is not going to harm them since the seeds are harvested from local environments. Like every good drone flyer use every opportunity to get aerial footage without harming persons or there property and disturbing the local wildlife.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers