Unmaned aircraft being blamed for allowing the Lake fire to go out of control

Just curious. Do they ground the planes if birds are flying around?
No, but THIS is their policy.

Draft_UAS%20Fire%20Safety_web_sm_0.jpg

I still think we all agree on the obvious. I get my misunderstood by self playing the devils advocate when Imean just the opposite. I need a filter fer that.

I just can't believe they would fly in this situation, but for a moment of clear thinking and you wouldn't do it.

It's a bit like laying stationary mines for an aircraft to hit.
Just in shock here

Reactions: Brad Vickery
Where did you get I am defending the drones? Did you not bother to read and comprehend

Not to gang up on you, but I read your post as defending drones as well. I perceived it as you saying firefighting operations should not be held up because of a "small drone."

Also this: "...it was your home ready to burn and they told you they stopped operations because a hobby drone was in the area, you would be pissed. Hell, I've seen rc aircraft hit something that size and keep on flying."

I would be pissed as well, but at the drone operators, not the USDA or at the aircrews fighting the fires or the authorities that ground them because of the drone operators.

I'm wondering if the drone uses a GPS and locks on several Satellites, does it do so with an identifier? Then in turn locate that identifier in history or real time, and pin down where tis person has flown or is flying? Just looking for an answer.

GPS satellites broadcast a signal and systems that use GPS listen to that broadcast. There is no uplink.

Are there new reports of drones from this afternoon?

I don't think thaey dare. The word has got out on every News station paper around these parts.

Good to hear. Keep us posted if that changes. If you need some drone enthusiasts to come out there and make sure other drone users didn't interfere, I'm sure we could make it happen.

As an aside, any multi-channel FPV receiver would lead you right to anyone using 5.8GHz FPV.

I just posted a new discussion: Google this - Drone collides with plane
Because it applies, but a bit off topic. I was curious how many verifiable collisions I would find.

If we do not become proactive, the FAA will ground us all. On this issue I have no simpathy for idiots.
Turn then in, let's police ourselves. And stop putting videos on Youtube just to brag how stupid we are.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic