Unlimited Flight/FPV Range with 3G SIM card mod!

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know if it would be possible to mod a phantom to fly over a 3G/4G signal using a simcard and a whole lot of modding.
just consider how awesome it would be; flying your phantom FPV 10+ miles away to a friends house on a big screen TV from your living room, all done over cell phone data connection. It theoretically would be possible but would anyone have the brains to create it?
Obversily you would need a few batteries onboard to keep flight time up, but you could deliver small items such as (usb stick,jewellery,ect...)
Am I dreaming to much?
Would this be highly illegal?
Thanks

Reactions: ChadAmerica
You guys making fun... Your a little short sighted, there is a company working on something like this called dronedeploy (as featured in djis very own dev website, dronedeploy is part of the sdk showcase, they are working to make this compatible with the vision +), if this came trough it would be great.

People have been "supposedly" working on this since 2012...

Latency seems to be the hitch... Hard to fly when your FPV is delayed by a couple seconds...

Parrot pulled it off but they had to setup their own mobile 4G network in a field ... It worked but it didn't work well... And it was dropped.

I want to thank you for thinking outside the box! I only ended up on this thread because I was thinking the same thing and doing some research online. It’s people like you that aren’t afraid to ask the good questions. Sadly, it is also unfortunate that it doesn’t take long to notice the morons and Idiocracy that plague these threads. Same kind of idiots that only give their wives missionary though those poor woman yearn for more... Cheers!

Hey guys, does anyone know if it would be possible to mod a phantom to fly over a 3G/4G signal using a simcard and a whole lot of modding.
just consider how awesome it would be; flying your phantom FPV 10+ miles away to a friends house on a big screen TV from your living room, all done over cell phone data connection. It theoretically would be possible but would anyone have the brains to create it?
Obversily you would need a few batteries onboard to keep flight time up, but you could deliver small items such as (usb stick,jewellery,ect...)
Am I dreaming to much?
Would this be highly illegal?
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj