Ultra-simple "Dronecode" for UK pilots - too simple?

Reaction score
In the UK we were recently issued with this:

4949181d4555e2cc7350f941cbfdc3c2.jpg

It really boils down to just R and O, the rest is common sense! Or is it TOO over-simplified? I can't decide. It's from the UKs Civil Aviation Authority.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: frandre
Don't fly above 122 metres from the ground, or within 50 metres of a building or person, within 150 metres of a built up are, don't overfly crowds of a 1000 people or more even if you are 60 metres above them, don't fly in a restricted zone like airports or classified military sites, anywhere else is fair game, those are the uk rules for drones with cameras

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That's pretty much it and if adhered to (along with some common sense and a simple risk assessment) should be enough.... the problem is, the more near misses there are and actual incidents, I can see the rules being reviewed and being made more constrictive... unfortunately as the price of drones decrease and numbers increase these incidents are going become more frequent.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

As time goes on there are bound to be more restrictions. There are always people out there who will break the law and spoil it for every one else.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj