U.S. Part 107 flying in Canada ...

Reaction score
I have been following the many threads on proposed new Canadian regulations regarding UAV operations. Phew ... What a tangle. Not that the FAA is a well oiled machine by the way.

At any rate, I'm planning a trip in a few weeks to the eastern maritimes: NB, PEI, NS, etc. and was wondering if some Canadian friends can steer me to information I would need to fly legally and safely? It is easy to misconstrue (both overestimate and underestimate) the CURRENT regulatory state (Canadian) because so much (#F**ii)#% appears to be about to hit the fan up there.

Any help? I doubt my Part 107 counts for much in Canada?

Thank you brothers and sisters!

Best,

I'm in Ontario now and I brought my drone. I also have US certificate, but I haven't gone out and about to shoot anything. I have the same question also. It seems you can fly "recreationally" under similar rules that the US has, but I'm curious if you have to be a citizen of Canada to do so or not. That's my question.

There is nothing posted in the Transport Canada rules that indicate that you need to be a Canadian citizen to fly your drone "for fun". They do require that you have your name, address, and phone number on the drone. It looks like their equivalent to the part 107 license is the Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC). There is nothing on the Transport Canada page for the SFOC that suggests that a part 107 licence would allow the same privileges as the SFOC.

Thanks. The only difference I can see is the limiting distance to airports, buildings, people, animals, etc. Kinda vague here. The only thing there's not limit to flying close to is air itself...lol

Thanks for this .... Clear as poutine ...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl