Tucson FPV?

Reaction score
Anyone in Tucson flying their Phantom FPV? I have a background in R/C slope and thermal sailplanes and just last year started flying my Phantom FPV. I'm looking to meet other Phantom pilots in the area on a regular basis to practice flying and share info and tips on gear and techniques. Anyone out there?

Greg

Reactions: medeirosland
Anyone in Tucson flying their Phantom FPV? I have a background in R/C slope and thermal sailplanes and just last year started flying my Phantom FPV. I'm looking to meet other Phantom pilots in the area on a regular basis to practice flying and share info and tips on gear and techniques. Anyone out there?

Greg
Greg - I too fly a PV2+ out of Tucson. I have about 20 hours flying/filming and so far have avoided all crashes. No prior R/C. Bought a complete kit, and constantly adding to it (iPad mount, lens duck bill, magnetic storms...) Always learning from others who have paid a price to gain experience and let me profit from that.
Glyph

Tucson here as well. But I am between units as mine went into a tree (user error) and am awaiting my new P3Pro

Will be in Tucson for winter starting October 18th. Looking for a store/repair shop to purchase and install equipment for a groundstation.

I am a new P3P owner in Marana.

Has anyone tried flying at any of the R/C club sites in the Tucson area? Reading posts here it seems some are more friendly to UAV's than others.

In particular I am planning to head out to TIMPA in the Picture Rocks area, as that is where I launched rockets with the SARA group.

If anyone is interested how about meeting somewhere for breakfast to discuss flying, where to fly and to set up some times to fly. If interested email me at retired.dnr @gmail.com

I am in Tucson on the north east side. I have a P3A and would love to find some people to fly with. I think it would be fun to fly fro a look out on mt. lemmon. I just flew around A mountain. I also flew in the open pit in Bisbee. I would like to try that again too. not sure how to make this link work. you may have to copy and past.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I am up for some flying and there are 4 other guys in our rv park that fly too. We are all active so shoot us a time and a place and I will see if any of us can make it.
Was the copper pit still being worked? Where did you fly at A Mountain?

Hello, Another new Tucsonian here with a Phantom 3 Pro - I'm 'really' new at this, only flown about 3 times so far, just practicing and learning now, but I want to do a lot more. Will look forward to meeting some other Tucson pilots and find good places to fly.

Greg - I too fly a PV2+ out of Tucson. I have about 20 hours flying/filming and so far have avoided all crashes. No prior R/C. Bought a complete kit, and constantly adding to it (iPad mount, lens duck bill, magnetic storms...) Always learning from others who have paid a price to gain experience and let me profit from that.
Glyph
I also would like to meet up and learn and fly. I just received my p4p and am still in virtual reality on the controller but will be past that this weekend.....

I recently acquired a P34K and a P3P. Prices were too good to pass up. Would like to meet other phantom fliers in the Tucson area also. Love outdoor living, cookouts and cold beer after the ACs are put to bed too.

Last edited:
I have had a P2 and a P3A and just got a Mavic Pro. Will be back in Tucson around November 2nd. Will try to set up a meet some time after that. keep watching. Or if some one puts together a Tucson group let me know.

I recently acquired a P34K and a P3P. Prices were too good to pass up. Would like to meet other phantom fliers in the Tucson area also. Love outdoor living, cookouts and cold beer after the ACs are put to bed too.

I live on the south side of Tucson and work a full time job, and go to school on Saturdays till Christmas so free time is limited. Would definitely like to get together with some people who have been flying for a while to learn from them.

I live on the south side of Tucson and work a full time job, and go to school on Saturdays till Christmas so free time is limited. Would definitely like to get together with some people who have been flying for a while to learn from them.

I'm on the northwest end around Orange Grove & Thornydale. I'm retired and work part time two days a week and have plenty of time on my hands. I like driving out Avra Valley Rd. almost to the mine and then heading south along the dirt roads. Miles and miles of wide open BLM land and very few people to bother or bother me. 2 hours of shooting and another 2 flying suits me just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31