Travelling to India on December 26th 2019... lost my hopes on flying my drone.

Reaction score
Dear all,

I am going to Thailand for Christmas and India on the 26th of December... India is only part of my trip.

India has been announcing their "WONDERFUL" new drone regulations ("people will be able to fly as of 01st of December" after all these things had been done: http://dgca.nic.in/cars/D3X-X1.pdf ), plus a "great" app which will "in very little time" authorise (or not) pilots to fly after asking for permission though it (‘No Permission No Take-off’ (NTPT) feature), etc. etc. etc. All here:

India’s new drone regulations make it easier to fly legally – but there’s a big catch

Now, I have been trying to register my drone at the official site, but I get STUCK at the "Drone type" field!!!

Digital Sky

So ridiculous... and by reading the text above on the long link, it seems like the app will not be available until the NEXT year.

The other thing I read about is that foreigners will not be able to get the Unique Identification Number (UIN), so NO FLYING FOR US... a COMPLETE DISCRIMINATION.

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE IN FLYING IN INDIA? Are they policing it? OR WITH A DRONE GETTING CONFISCATED AT THE AIRPORT? Do they return it when you leave the country?

Thank you for any kind of enlightening ;-).

I have not flown a drone in India. But … I spent several years working there and in dealing with DoT and in attempting to secure dedicated radio frequencies for joint ventures in data communications. It ain't easy and there are/was severe restrictions on foreigners for any comms due to so many troubles with neighboring countries … and the army controls most of the radio communications spectrum, and, and, and. If you leave the drone at customs, make sure it's not flyable or negotiate to keep either the drone or controller on person with you.

Reactions: droningandmore

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj