Transport Phantom 3 with prop guards on ?

Reaction score
As a beginner I need prop guards on for the time being at least.
All the carrying cases I've viewed appear not to provide the space.
My idea at the moment is to motor to a suitable spot, take the machine out, and fly (ie don't want to have to start attaching "bits" before I can start!)
Had in mind a card-board tray with basic base slats to prevent the drone sliding about.
This would just fit into the car boot and be ready to fly when needed.
Any ideas most welcome.

As a beginner, you should have a fear of flying anywhere close to trees, buildings or other obstacles.
Fly where there's nothing to hit and it's hard to get into trouble.
Prop guards give a false sense of security and encourage Phantom owners to fly in areas that aren't really safe.
You don't really need them.

My idea at the moment is to motor to a suitable spot, take the machine out, and fly (ie don't want to have to start attaching "bits" before I can start!)
Had in mind a card-board tray with basic base slats to prevent the drone sliding about.
Any ideas most welcome.

when I first had a P1 I felt the same as you so I made this box from polypropylene sheeting (old carport roof) just fixed together with duct/gaffer tape, and used polystyrene foam inside to hold the quad in place also a 3"square of foam stuck to the inside of the lid to hold it in position, and it was so strong that I could even stand on it!! internal dia was about 21"x21" you could also use any light material, thin ply etc, it held everything I needed to fly plus it made a handy takeoff and landing point before I got used to hand catching.
I've just placed my P3P and TX in to show how it looks with the props still on, I now use the DJI backpack but am giving this light box to a friend who has just bought an P3S

20180622_122508111.JPG
20180622_122459111.JPG

Any ideas most welcome.
I'm not embarrassed to say I still deploy prop guards on my P3S. Saved me twice during unexpected tip-over while landing. They pop on and off in case I ever want to fly without them.

And every once in a while I launch in my back yard to test out different camera and video settings. Bumped into the side of the house once. Prop guard saved me again.

I use prop guards to help identify the nose from the tail.
I fly with them all the time, they just clip on and slide off

Any ideas most welcome.
Relly good carry cases available on ebay for $30 AUD they fit te phantom perfectly

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik