Totally OT -- Car chase with a 707hp Hellcat

Reaction score
OK, this is a LONG car chase video of a guy that stole a Dodge Challenger Hellcat with 707hp. They chase him, well follow him mostly for over an hour and even the helicopters, two of them, can't keep up. He finally runs out of gas and they get him after he beat feet into a field. He was wearing $1800 shoes and stepped into a, well a cow turd. You can't make this stuff up!

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Did not watch the whole thing but he's clear not going 200mph. Not even close. If the car was stolen, I doubt he stole the red key. Without it, thew hp is limited to 500hp.

The Wildcat is probably the best hp bang for the buck.

Reactions: NewMexicoFlyer
Yeah, I don't think he got any where near 200mph, but he had to have averaged over 120mph -- AVERAGED. The news helicopter was flying between 110mph and 120mph and was able to fly a straighter course AND the car pulled about 10 miles away from the copter over about 40 minutes. My guess is he averaged about 135mph but clearly there were places he slowed down below 100 so he therefore had to have gone considerably faster than 135 in order to average 135. My guess is he probably topped out about 160mph.

Brian

700 hp, 1000 hp, 5000 hp... nothin' can outrun a motorola [emoji188]

True enough, but when you drive that fast and avoid a crash you can outrun there response. He outran the helicopter and if he had not run out of gas he may well have gotten away. Organizing the response takes time and at that speed he had outrun the response. The take away is: if you're going to run then do it REAL FAST. Just poking along at a bit over 100 isn't going to do it.

Of course, the perp was aided by the heavy traffic early on then the light traffic after he turned off the I-10. Still, if he'd been able to go another 5 minutes he would likely have gotten away as he was already at the very limit of the telephoto zoom lens (10 miles) and the 120mph helicopter.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj