Totally off topic

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Ok this is about me car but had to share my day
Ok me Toyota had airbag recall,booked in at Toyota Dealership in town,
Had me car all day and replacement airbag was fitted
Couple hours after I return to other town thet ring me up,,um sir we need your car back because the airbag they install is a incorrect part,,its Friday night here and they wanted car back tonight to change airbag again,
Well me said no and wait till Monday,,the mechanics not happy but tough Turkey,
You think a car yard dealership would get this correct being a global recall,
...............toyotably blooming useless.......
Going flying to carm down :( beep beep

Well hope the incorrect bag don’t activate by accident
on ya when your driving. That wouldn‘t be good at all. ?

More likely that the mechanic forgot one of his tools in your car, and needs you to come back so he can retrieve it.
If it was an incorrect part, chances are that it ...
a) Would not fit properly.
b) The electrical plug would be wrong.

They are liable for some dumb thing they did and don’t want something to happen. I was Chevrolet master certified on air bags many years ago. Things surly changed since then, but don’t put a multi meter on any yellow wire. It takes 7 volts to set off an air bag and the multi meter has a 9 volt battery in them. The last thing in replacing an air bag is putting the fuse back in. Maybe they forgot to put it back in. Lol

More likely that the mechanic forgot one of his tools in your car, and needs you to come back so he can retrieve it.
If it was an incorrect part, chances are that it ...
a) Would not fit properly.
b) The electrical plug would be wrong.
Yeh you would think so,let's say I lost some sleep over this and Monday should be fun.
Still has me stumped today , how can a major car manufacturer incorrectly install wrong part,like didn't they even check what was being fitted,had me car all day and even washed it but didn't check the part number,,,cant wait for Monday, the questions are burning my brain,,they give me certificate saying job was done so might send it to there head office yet,,,,
..............new meaning to signature class............

They are liable for some dumb thing they did and don’t want something to happen. I was Chevrolet master certified on air bags many years ago. Things surly changed since then, but don’t put a multi meter on any yellow wire. It takes 7 volts to set off an air bag and the multi meter has a 9 volt battery in them. The last thing in replacing an air bag is putting the fuse back in. Maybe they forgot to put it back in. Lol
Ah don't cut the yellow wire,,lol ,,,thanks that good to know

Reactions: dronesky
Yeh I did think that,,I did email head office of Rutherford and Bond Toyota about this cause it is really poor what ever has happened..its between a airbag and a inflator assembly,,which part I not know..how can a global recall be handled so bad like this,this one area where they need to be right first time.they must have had the boy on the job unsupervised mayby,,,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.