Tomorrow...maiden flight!

Reaction score
Hi
My P3A arrived and I have now update my Phantom and Tx. I also bought Nvidia Shield and it take some time to get it updated to Lollipop. Right now here in Finland is mid night, so my first flight is tomorrow.

I have all set up, but get few question.
- What difference is between two gimbal modes (FPV / Follow), I tested both, but I cant see difference?
-Is there some way to shut down Vision Position System, in the Pilot app?
-Is there "Find my Phantom" feature on Pilot app?

Otherwise, all seem to be working right....

Hi
My P3A arrived and I have now update my Phantom and Tx. I also bought Nvidia Shield and it take some time to get it updated to Lollipop. Right now here in Finland is mid night, so my first flight is tomorrow.

I have all set up, but get few question.
- What difference is between two gimbal modes (FPV / Follow), I tested both, but I cant see difference?
-Is there some way to shut down Vision Position System, in the Pilot app?
-Is there "Find my Phantom" feature on Pilot app?

Otherwise, all seem to be working right....
The P3 only has FPV mode for now, may change in the future.
Yes you can turn off the VPS, Mode>Advanced settings>Enable/Disable VPS
You can see the P3's position on the map at all times, no actual GPS fix unless you get a tracker.

Last edited:
The P3 only has FPV mode for now, may change in the future.
Yes you can turn off the VPS, Mode>Advanced settings>Enable/Disable VPS
You can see the P3's position on the map at all times, no actual GPS fix unless you get a tracker.

FPV mode the gimbal is not fully stabilised.
Follow Mode is best for most video and does not do the banking effect.
Both are available from the app.

Hi FCPhantom .. the short answer to the Follow/FPV mode Q is that in Follow mode you will get the smooth video most people are after. In FPV mode, you would get a sharp, jerky video, with the gimbal doing less to smooth the image.

The shut down VPS function should show when you have connected the P3. Down the bottom in this screen shot.
i-sr7wBCP-M.jpg

No Find My Phantom .. but the map feature will show your flight path so that's almost the same thing - but it would also indicate direction and all the places you were flying, not just the last position.

Reactions: DrChris
Hi FCPhantom .. the short answer to the Follow/FPV mode Q is that in Follow mode you will get the smooth video most people are after. In FPV mode, you would get a sharp, jerky video, with the gimbal doing less to smooth the image.

The shut down VPS function should show when you have connected the P3. Down the bottom in this screen shot.
i-sr7wBCP-M.jpg

No Find My Phantom .. but the map feature will show your flight path so that's almost the same thing - but it would also indicate direction and all the places you were flying, not just the last position.

Is this picture taken from Android App? VPS On/OFF function also in Anroid?

First flight (hovering) made! It was very stable, comparing to FC40. I am going to take easy with it. Maybe it is wise to break-in the battery...

First flight (hovering) made! It was very stable, comparing to FC40. I am going to take easy with it. Maybe it is wise to break-in the battery...
did you sell your FC40? Hope not. You should keep as it doesn't have all the "restrictions" :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20