Three Q's about Drone Deploy....

Yes, I use Mission Hub. Love it. Would I be incorrect in assuming that if I am 100 feet up in elevation that I will get approx. 75 feet of view in the lens....and then use this to figure a 75 percent overlap?? (Assuming 4:3 aspect ratio??)
At a height of 100 ft, your field of view in 4:3 would be around 150 x 112.
But 100 ft is very low for mapping flights.
If there are trees etc, the differences between images would be too great.
Flying higher produces better maps.

Reactions: Lindsaybev
Thanks all! I used the 100' altitude for the simple math example. I appreciate all your help! This has been a lot of fun for me!

At a height of 100 ft, your field of view in 4:3 would be around 150 x 112.
But 100 ft is very low for mapping flights.
If there are trees etc, the differences between images would be too great.
Flying higher produces better maps.
Instructive. Thanks so much...again!

If you are talking about the 3D data you can export DXF or SHP contours, geotiff DEM or DTM, LAS and XYZ point clouds.
Yes, but none were able to translate to Civil 3D. I got it to work once, but the coordinates and scale did not match up and it was a pain to make it work. The contour lines actually were correct.

Yes, but none were able to translate to Civil 3D. I got it to work once, but the coordinates and scale did not match up and it was a pain to make it work. The contour lines actually were correct.
You can no longer bring point clouds directly into Civil 3D and have to use Recap to convert it to an RCP file. You have to be very careful about your coordinate system and scale factors. Very rarely does wgs84 data directly transform to a state plane coordinate system that feeds natively into design CAD. This is a common problem and one reason to use ground control points. It's even worse when it's a grid on localized control and one of the most common questions we get from people who expect to pick up a drone and just start mapping without any survey or GIS experience. even though we can transform and scale everything correctly I still import my ground control points into the cad and manually tweak the drone data to fit within our tenth of a foot tolerance. If it's perfect I leave it alone, but a large percentage of the time it's not. No fault of the Drone data, but the CAD files that are delivered.

Reactions: Ansia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers