This is cool. NASA may use quadcopter

I would not have thought there would be an atmosphere capable of supporting flight.

I read this about Titan's atmosphere after first reading this story:

"The atmosphere [on Titan] is so thick and the gravity so low that humans could fly through it by flapping "wings" attached to their arms.*'

* Zubrin, Robert (1999). Entering Space: Creating a Space-faring Civilization,
Section: Titan: Tarcher/Putnam,
pp. 163–166. ISBN 1-58542-036-0.

N017RW said:
"The atmosphere [on Titan] is so thick and the gravity so low that humans could fly through it by flapping "wings" attached to their arms.*'

brb. Moving to Titan.

Titan does have an atmosphere and it's actually almost an "Ideal" atmosphere for heavier than air flight.

"Titan is Saturn's largest moon and the second largest in the solar system (after Ganymede of Jupiter). It is the only moon in the solar system with clouds and a dense, planet-like atmosphere"

After reaching Titan, the mission will last for about 2.5 years, NASA said. During this time, the spacecraft will carry out about 25 flights, covering a total of about 180 km.

Hmmm, I wouldn't have thought that you could use drones in space or on other planets/moons. It would be pretty hard to calibrate the drone to the compass on Titan or Mars....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31