The pre-commercial flying stage...

Reaction score
Hiya guys,

I've bit the bullet and taken the step up from the Syma X5C and ordered the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced (and the DJI Rucksack...at half price it would be rude not to!).

I want to learn as much as I can with regards to flying, photography, safety and everything else that comes with it, and most of all gain some experience before looking further into the commercial side of things.

That being said, and despite not being in any rush, I would at some stage like to do the training and gain the skills to get to the PFAW stage.

What are the best practices to get into from the start that will make me a better operator for when the time comes to advance further?

GO slow at first, check youtube for the questions you have like "DJi phantom photography" etc..., and if you have more specific questions then this forum is legit. Oh, and have fun with it.

Reactions: PFCO
I am in a similar stage. I bought a P4 and Ipad Mini4 because the Android app kept crashing. I spent the early part just flying conservatively and learning the features. I had to work out a few bugs that were mostly my fault. I will say that the P4 is quite an impressive machine. I got the FAA certification. It was relatively simple, but I did have a head start since I was already a pilot. I just had to learn a few additional rules regarding the drone. Now I am trying to get more creative with the photos and videos. As I posted in another thread, I expect the commercial opportunities to come as a wave. I expect that demand will drop off as drones become more common. I will be glad to be proven wrong. I am hoping to make a little cash on the side with it, at least enough to cover the cost of the drone.

Reactions: PFCO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4