"The Cold Smoke Skies" - P3P/P3S flying in Montana!

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to get out and take the Phantom up with the stock filter or no filter as the weather has been so-so and I'm combating a pretty good cough. Hopefully tomorrow. I'll look to see if it's fogging up at all as well. I'll report back what I find. Thanks for the suggestions.

I just noticed the same blurry spot issue on my p3p. Found it in all my footage from the past month, all cold weather (32f and below) and high elevation. Tested it with stock and all 3 polar pro filters. Older stuff shot in warmer temps all looks fine.

If your willing to share, I'll take a photo! I recently purchased a P3A and have been learning to fly it when I can and hope to take advantage of some of these different perspectives!

Truman Gulch Sunset

The link above has 4 photos from that scene. Not touched up at all or anything, just frame grabs from the raw video. I think they look quite nice!

I just noticed the same blurry spot issue on my p3p. Found it in all my footage from the past month, all cold weather (32f and below) and high elevation. Tested it with stock and all 3 polar pro filters. Older stuff shot in warmer temps all looks fine.

Interesting. I would love to test mine in some warmer weather to see if it clears up but that's not going to happen for a good 3 or 4 months. I did finally get out and test it with my stock filter though and it's still blurry in the center. I'm going to probably end up returning my P3P the end of this week and getting a replacement (it's within the return period still), see if a new one has the same issue. Because as is I'm finding it hard to justify the purchase knowing it's going to be taking nothing but blurry-ish footage, and for something that I've spent 2 grand on including case, filters, tablet, extra battery and etc, I want it to feel like it's worth it!

Last edited:
Very nice video.

Thanks, Scottbra9!

Also an update to those that may like to know. I got a new Phantom 3 Pro earlier this week, and returned the previous one. Just got out today with it, just a couple batteries flying around an empty subdivision development as a test, and all seems good! No slight blurriness now! :D

Reactions: Shawnakova

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31