The clash with seagulls - is it wise to escape up?

Two days ago I was at the sea side and wanted to catch some video of cliffs and coast. But from the beginning there was two nasty seagulls. Particular one of them was showing strong interest to my Phantom.
I was only 30 m from the coastline when it approached in a fast way in a descending curve to my P. It seemed that it want to hit it. When the seagull was only a few meters away it turns up and aside. In the same moment I push the P up and on the other side. That situation repeated few times always with the same result. Sometimes I escaped up and to the left sometimes vice versa and sometimes down. It seems to me that the most effective way was quick down because the seagull when very close can not so quickly turn straight down. The seagull always approached from a little higher position descending in a slope straight line and if I reacted with quick ascent I would eventually crash with the bird.
Maybe the seagull even didn't want to put the drone down and it was showing only an interest for the closer look but it ruined my video because most of the time I was escaping a seagull instead of watching the best position for the picture.
I then moved to the other place at around 300 m ahead but - o no (!), there was the same seagull repeating its behavior. So I packed and walked away.
Do anyone have the similar experience?
I keep my phantom just sitting not moving if they attack they like to come from above and at the last moment swoop upwards away. I also chase them but they can out maneuver me easily . there are a couple who come to have a look to see if I am flying but seagulls all look the same to me , where have I heard that befor ha ha

I've always wondered if you're more likely to hit a bird by moving abruptly when they get close or if they're smart enough to dodge at the last second (assuming you don't dodge in the same direction lol).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj