test flight

Nice! You weren't shy about getting some high altitude on your test flight.

What GoPro are you using and what settings?

Adam said:
Nice! You weren't shy about getting some high altitude on your test flight.

What GoPro are you using and what settings?
thanks, hero 3 white edition, i set it it 720 60fps to see if it would help with jello

That's what I have - Hero3 White. Figured 60fps on 720p since that what I used to do on my F550/Naza combo. Don't have a Phantom yet, though!

globalcop said:
****, you got some balls dude. And it paid off, beautiful video.
Yeah but on my next flight I lost it inthe trees..I can't find it...in so freakin upset with myself.

Oh no! Did you find it? I put my F550/Naza in a high tree a couple days after I got it, I did recover it though with a tall ladder and pole saw extension. It was hard to spot, and it was red. I imagine the white Phantom, being smaller is very hard to spot in a tree...

It might actually be worth finding one of these used, throw your Sim card in it. Use it only on days when you know you're going to be adventurous and risky areas. Install the free android program "Seek Droid" And it will let you locate your lost UAV.

You also have a secondary HD camera running and you could do all kinds of cool logging of your GPS as well. It weighs 110g.

It's just an added bonus that one of the lightest phones out there is also ruggedized, water resistant and meant for hard use.

Sony Experia Active

UPDATE Never mind all that above, I think this makes much more sense. Garmin Tracker

[ Never mind all that above, I think this makes much more sense. Garmin Tracker

Has anyone actually mounted the Garmin Tracker on their Phantom? I have lost a quad last year and finally a neighbor found it in a very tall tree at the top of course. I have a 45 foot bucket truck and I could not reach it. Ended up shaking the branch
and the Quad fell to the ground, breaking the cross members in it.

The tracker idea is great. But I wonder if it would interfere with the GPS on the Phantom... would love to hear if it works.

Thanks

Adding an additional receiving unit to the Phantom shouldn't cause any interference. The real risk of interference is when you put a FPV or some other unit that transmits signals on the phantom.

jdawson said:
Adding an additional receiving unit to the Phantom shouldn't cause any interference. The real risk of interference is when you put a FPV or some other unit that transmits signals on the phantom.

OK, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. Learning as I go and this forum is GREAT!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31