Tab 4

Reaction score
Anyone get the current app to work with a Tab 4?? Got it installed last night, it seems to connect to the P3 but no video feed at all? Chatted with the help line and they said the Tab 4 is not compatible.

Kind of hope it's a compatibility issue and not a bad camera or a problem with Lightbridge. Any ideas?

Joe

Last edited:
which is it, a Note 4 or a Tab 4?

Also go download the new app off the dji site and give it a whirl.

Also what version of the app are running? It appears there is a new version as of May 1st that i am trying to download now

Be interesting to see if the new app that has come out today will work on that tab 4 cos i have one of them lying around i could use until the ios app comes out, if it does work with the new app it will be very slow and glitchy that's for sure.

The new version 1.1.0 does start up on my Tab 4 7 inch
My bird is supposed to be here within the next hour so I will know if it works then

I was able to get everything connected and view video in near real time on the tablet
I took this quick video in the house with my cell phone
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Once I took it outside the sun overpowered the display and it was very hard to see anything on it
Battery on the drone is dead (it only arrived at 33%)
After it charges I will try outside with my Samsung S5 and see if I notice any difference

I was able to get everything connected and view video in near real time on the tablet
I took this quick video in the house with my cell phone
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Once I took it outside the sun overpowered the display and it was very hard to see anything on it
Battery on the drone is dead (it only arrived at 33%)
After it charges I will try outside with my Samsung S5 and see if I notice any difference
Great I'm going to try today's version of the app and see if that works, kind of fearful its the camera or a Lightbridge problem.

Downloaded the new app and I have video!!!

Will be in the sky this weekend for sure!

So while I'm not complaining the help chat told me twice it would not work......

Downloaded the new app and I have video!!!

Will be in the sky this weekend for sure!

So while I'm not complaining the help chat told me twice it would not work......
Congrats man.

After charging the battery went out for second set of tests
Samsung Tab 4 was able to keep up fine with video. Again the biggest issue here was the sun washed the screen (and it is now overcast out) so this is real concern
Samsung Galaxy S5 also kept up fine with the video but was able to have a much brighter screen and not get washed out

After charging the battery went out for second set of tests
Samsung Tab 4 was able to keep up fine with video. Again the biggest issue here was the sun washed the screen (and it is now overcast out) so this is real concern
Samsung Galaxy S5 also kept up fine with the video but was able to have a much brighter screen and not get washed out
Yeah the wash out will be a problem even when / if I change over to the iPad mini. I think a sunshade will be in order.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31