Sunset,over the bay,impossible without Litchi?

Reaction score
Beautiful evening sunset where I live, so a quick dash to the beach, and a flight over Morecambe Bay to Priest Skear. This amazing feature is possibly the only bit of high ground in the whole(Huge) bay area,it is completely covered at high tide,at the moment it is not possible to easily walk there at low tide as the rivers that flow into the bay constantly shift,sadly this is where the Chinese cockle pickers died on a freezing February night, when the fast rising tide overtook them.
The tide is often so fast you cannot outrun it, and there are treacherous sinking sands.
Filmed with Litchi.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Impossible without litchi why? Out or signal range?
Many pilots, including me would find it extremely difficult to fly and control the camera angles, point of interest etc,at 2 miles out to sea. Yes on a few early attempts I lost signal,but I believe I could only do this with Litchi.
I clipped the long fly out, and return.

Many pilots, including me would find it extremely difficult to fly and control the camera angles, point of interest etc,at 2 miles out to sea. Yes on a few early attempts I lost signal,but I believe I could only do this with Litchi.
I clipped the long fly out, and return.
Thank you for the detail, the question in your title was difficult to contemplate not knowing what was involved.

Agreed- the 3rd party apps allow for anyone to pull off amazing shots, no question. This would be difficult to fly manually but not as hard to achieve as you might suspect.

Nice footage!

Wouldn't think 21 people drowned there, only 12 years ago.
Yes shocking, I slept through the whole tragedy, when I woke up there were helicopters and blue lights everywhere,I live just 200 metres from the shoreline.
20 years ago I used to walk out there with my children,now it is a bit tricky as the tidal currents have changed, and it is too dangerous. Good to fly over though.

Thank you for the detail, the question in your title was difficult to contemplate not knowing what was involved.

Agreed- the 3rd party apps allow for anyone to pull off amazing shots, no question. This would be difficult to fly manually but not as hard to achieve as you might suspect.

Nice footage!
Too difficult manually for me,but I imagine for a 2 person crew with an inspire, it is just their normal day job.
Greetings from the UK.

Too difficult manually for me,but I imagine for a 2 person crew with an inspire, it is just their normal day job.
Greetings from the UK.

Not too hard using tap to fly mode and feathering the turns. Takes a little practice!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic