Summer evening over water

Reaction score
I flew at Mt Martha (a seaside suburb of Melbourne) on a couple of occasions earlier in the month and got enough material for three videos. The area has a great beach and some dramatic rocky coastline.

This video is a departure from what I've done before: I don't have much experience around watercraft. Also, the flying was done mostly after sunset. I didn't expect much usable footage from my last flight of the day, but silhouettes and sunsets lend themselves to low light, do they not? I was impressed with the camera's performance. To top it off, my featured random sailboarder seemed pleased with the attention. How rare is that?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Love it great music track ?

Reactions: Pygar70
Nicely done. I would never get that lose to a stranger. It could have had the opposite affect and he would have gotten mad. It makes for good shooting though.

Nicely done. I would never get that lose to a stranger. It could have had the opposite affect and he would have gotten mad. It makes for good shooting though.
I agree. It's risky. It kind of just happened, though. I didn't set up the shot. I'd been shadowing him for a bit and he seemed pretty relaxed. I was hovering in place at one point as he passed across my field of view when he tacked and came directly towards me. I ascended so he could pass underneath but made a call to otherwise hold my position. Fortunately, he seemed pretty cool about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WV. Rootman
Love it great music track
Thanks. It is a nice track. One of the advantages of not being monetised on YouTube - or ever planning to be - is a wider range of choice when it comes to sound track. Ad revenue goes to the copyright holder. Some music you can reproduce in full, but with a lot of the more recent stuff you can only use a portion of the track. For example, if I'd tried to include more than three minutes of Summertime Sadness in my video - it would have been blocked.

Reactions: snowy23

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.