Sudden battery fade

Reaction score
Can anyone assist please, I have a V2 about a year old and I alternate 2 batteries which have therefore been used about the same amount. I commence landing with C30% battery always shutting down with 20-odd% left. Suddenly one battery at 26% reduced to 10% and the drone went into autolanding (or so it seemed) and I had 8% left.

I recharged and tested several times just in a low hover, watching the power reserve drop to 26% at which point in less than 1min it's in the red and autolanding with 8%.I marked the battery believing the battery itself to be up the swanny but soon after the other battery drains in exactly the same way.

Does anyone know if my batteries happen to be 'damaged'/past their best or is there a problem with the software misreading the situation?

Thanks in advance.

Nigel J-F

Sounds like they're 'past their best' as you'd say.
What you are seeing is probably the internal voltage 'trip' occurring which is around 10.65v.

The % numbers are not reliable. I have batt voltage telemetry and can say the LEDs don't always tell the real story.

Sounds like they're 'past their best' as you'd say.
What you are seeing is probably the internal voltage 'trip' occurring which is around 10.65v.

The % numbers are not reliable. I have batt voltage telemetry and can say the LEDs don't always tell the real story.
Thanks; it would be a pity if they are simply knackered but as I fly over water a lot I will probably end up buying a new one

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20