Stupid boat lol

• Thread starter Deleted member 62848
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 62848

Well interesting day,got a model boat twin electric motors and not watertight and fills with water,first test and retrieval cause weeds tangle props causing 1 wet foot,aaarrrggg,hate that,second attempt batterys flat on the lake and took multiple attempts to hook but the p4 got it eventually, p4 was not happy in sport mode lifting this and was lucky I not put it in the lake with the boat,couple pics from today,,yip boat on drip dry mode ha..what good is a boat that fills with water..think I'll stick to flying :):oops:
org_f4cdd22bc531408d_1580874548000.jpg
20200205_170754.jpg
20200205_125613.jpg
20200205_173522.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice spot. What part of NZ ?
Waikanae kapity coast,kapity island in background, was just in the lake at front of beach
Stayed low cause kapity airport bit to the left as it kept reminding me...where abouts are you ?.
Me right in warning zone
20200205_211734.jpg

Reactions: CPO Coastie
I always thought Kapity was in Poland.
I think it's under or around 100km from Wellington city,waikane between parapaumu and otaki, nice area I just move up this way from wainuiomata but top $$$ housing here phew

I was just having a go at your spelling of NZ place names.
I think you were meaning Kapiti NZ and not Kapity Poland.
Lol I cant even spell my name properly, its lucky this tablet sort of helps or no one would understand what I write,that's what happen when go school and dont listen and gets worse older you get...so what part of NZ are you in ?

I'm down in Christchurch with farmland out the back of my house. So ideal for flying my P3P.
Cool,,bloody earthquake city:eek:.yeh the breakfast program shows some nice shots from that way ,big open areas,,,ay take care down there and post some nice pics for us viewer's here
Keep safe

Reactions: Capt KO
Shame ... nice boat.

Any ideas how water's getting in ? My boats - I always do a test in the 'bath' first ... with lid OFF !

If I can help solve it - as a model flyer / boater etc. ready !

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Your spelling or mine, It would be a contest I wouldn’t want to compete in. Lol.
Moved to the high priced neighborhood, now how long will it take for someone to get upset about you flying your drone.
I know you can fix a leaky boat. It makes a good story. Love the pictures. It is good to have a drone when you do RV boating. You should write dictate a book about your adventures. The Life of a ————— in NZ. Lol

Shame ... nice boat.

Any ideas how water's getting in ? My boats - I always do a test in the 'bath' first ... with lid OFF !

Worked out its water running a cross deck and down into battery box which slowly filled the the hull up,insufficient battery box rubber seal,

Your spelling or mine, It would be a contest I wouldn’t want to compete in. Lol.
Moved to the high priced neighborhood, now how long will it take for someone to get upset about you flying your drone.
I know you can fix a leaky boat. It makes a good story. Love the pictures. It is good to have a drone when you do RV boating. You should write dictate a book about your adventures. The Life of a ————— in NZ. Lol
Lol oh I already had visit from local council, yip someone moaned but was good,gave me more info and I got to fill him in to,fancy sending someone to ask if I'd been flying a drone who knows nothing or hadn't even seen a phantom drone, he was amazed, he's the one who tell me a drone park is in the pipeline which either sounds boring or fun but last I heard of it,

Oh the big cities. I can fly my P4 in any city park here with no problem. Or I can fly from the sidewalk, right away, parking lots, vacant lots, side of road if no too busy or off the bridge. I can even fly in the state parks.
Nice yeh I always seem to find the grumpy ones,about 4 houses from me I sure this the chap that moaned,I did see him walk past one evening flight looking at me bit odd unlike others that are fascinated cause they end up having a chat with me and the rubbish bin opposite his house had 2 cheap drones sticking out the top,probably his sons due to amount of glue on them,,I did keep these for the motors and sprockets for my cheap ones as spares lol,1 did still start up,always going to be a bad lemon somewhere, they just have no life or nothing better to do

Shame ... nice boat.

Nice boat design takes the waves beautifully.

Nice yeh I always seem to find the grumpy ones,about 4 houses from me I sure this the chap that moaned,I did see him walk past one evening flight looking at me bit odd unlike others that are fascinated cause they end up having a chat with me and the rubbish bin opposite his house had 2 cheap drones sticking out the top,probably his sons due to amount of glue on them,,I did keep these for the motors and sprockets for my cheap ones as spares lol,1 did still start up,always going to be a bad lemon somewhere, they just have no life or nothing better to do
Good save. Almost makes me want to be a garbage man. LOL not

Ha yeh put some wire between boat just incase but was fast idea and took multiple attempts to hook it with brass bronzing rod off drone,it needed to be way longer as rotor wash was moving the boat around, I nearly gave up but got it ,even with cam panned down it was so hard to see

Anytime you carry a heavy loads, It's best to keep it about 10 ft under, to keep the load from swinging. Learned that from carrying heavy baits for fishing

Worked out its water running a cross deck and down into battery box which slowly filled the the hull up,insufficient battery box rubber seal,

A good seal is door foam draft sealer strip. Its self adhesive and easily compressed as the lid goes down.

In the old days - we used 'clear sandwich boxes' with press on sealing lids.

Glad you found out the reason.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic