Strange Symptoms At Full Throttle

Reaction score
I very recently purchased a M2P and being a proud new owner I mentioned to a friend. He said I wish I had know, I have a P4 that I'd have let you have cheap that has only been in the air 4 times. So now I have two DJI drones. My issue is with the P4. When flying at a steady altitude in a straight line the rpm's of the motors surge continuously. It also is only flying about 18 to 20 mph at full throttle with a fully charged battery in "P" mode. I haven't updated the firmware yet and I'm hoping that will correct the issue. Has anyone here experienced these same symptoms?

I very recently purchased a M2P and being a proud new owner I mentioned to a friend. He said I wish I had know, I have a P4 that I'd have let you have cheap that has only been in the air 4 times. So now I have two DJI drones. My issue is with the P4. When flying at a steady altitude in a straight line the rpm's of the motors surge continuously. It also is only flying about 18 to 20 mph at full throttle with a fully charged battery in "P" mode. I haven't updated the firmware yet and I'm hoping that will correct the issue. Has anyone here experienced these same symptoms?
Same in sport mode ,,props ok,not to much out of balance,you could try a imu calibration to help sort the avionics side of it,,,might solve it

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
What sort of speed variation are you taking about? It’s probabky normal.

Do you have obstacle avoidance enabled? You should see 30mph in P mode absent flying into the wind but only with OA disabled.

Same in sport mode ,,props ok,not to much out of balance,you could try a imu calibration to help sort the avionics side of it,,,might solve it

Actually I didn't try it in "Sport" mode but probably should have. I actually only flew it outside three times so far. The first time all seemed normal but the last two times it was surging almost like maybe there was a loose connection causing it to go from half to full throttle and back again over and over. We will do all the calibrations today and try to sort it out.

Last edited:
Could be aftermarket props.

Don''t believe it is aftermarket props. It was tucked away in it's original container and had only been in the air 4 times prior to me purchasing it. He even left the SD card in it which has three of the four flights still on it. There were no extra props with it at all so I believe these are the originals.

What sort of speed variation are you taking about? It’s probabky normal.

The first time I flew it I recall it flying around 30 mph but now its only 17 - 18 mph. That is at altitude in any direction.

Do you have obstacle avoidance enabled? You should see 30mph in P mode absent flying into the wind but only with OA disabled.

I do have obstacle avoidance enabled but didn't think that should be an issue at 150' above the ground in an open field. I am very inexperienced here so if you could elaborate on the operation of the "obstacle avoidance" in this situation I would be most grateful.

I do have obstacle avoidance enabled but didn't think that should be an issue at 150' above the ground in an open field. I am very inexperienced here so if you could elaborate on the operation of the "obstacle avoidance" in this situation I would be most grateful.
Read the manual would be a great start.

From memory max speed is 10ms with OA enabled.

Reactions: TR Ganey
Read the manual would be a great start.

From memory max speed is 10ms with OA enabled.

Yes you are correct. That’s the reason I sent it home with my brother to learn the manual and learn to fly it. I was just attempting to give him a quick introduction to it before he took it home. I am in information overload just trying to learn how to fly the M2P and use it’s camera and REgoggles. Thanks for your reply just the same.

Yes you are correct. That’s the reason I sent it home with my brother to learn the manual and learn to fly it. I was just attempting to give him a quick introduction to it before he took it home. I am in information overload just trying to learn how to fly the M2P and use it’s camera and REgoggles. Thanks for your reply just the same.
I would make sure I was 100% comfortable flying the Mavic before even considering using the goggles.

The thing with these drones is they take no skill to fly- the challenge is understanding the software side.....

Reactions: TR Ganey

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.