Status LED not working after wiring work

Reaction score
At the weekend I made some mods to my Phantom1 in order to get my newly fitted FPV gear inside the shell. Everything went fine until I put it all back together only to find the status LED no longer lights up at all.

So, I had the joy of undoing all the screws (yet again) to see if it was a loose connection which as far as I can tell is fine. I've removed the silicone sealant and all connections seem fine, as does the other connection that goes into the Naza box.

I've tried connecting the Phantom to a pc via both the micro USB port connected to the LED and via the Zenmuse GCU. I'm not seeing any status light when plugged in (via both connections) and no recognition of the connection in the Naza Assistant software either. I do hear the usb connect/disconnect sound though when plugging/unplugging from my laptop. (via both connections).

Having searched about I think it's likely my LED board is knackered but I'd like to be able to test it as could be my Naza is knackered too, right? Both of which aren't exactly cheap!

It was all working fine before the weekend and I didn't alter any of the existing connections, it was mainly just a relocation and tidy up of the FPV wiring.

I have a UNI-T digital multimeter if that can help me out at all? I'm a bit out of my depth at this point and looking for help!

Cheers

Sanity check: you've got the LED cable plugged into the top port marked "LED" with the red wire toward the outside?
And the interior grey USB cable is properly plugged in to the USB port on the LED board?
You've checked the continuity of the LED cable wires?

In any case, if you get the startup sounds (and not flashing red lights/constant beeping), the Naza is not dead.
The LED board should be pretty cheap. You can use the non-Phantom version (with the black cable) which goes for only $10 or so.
The Naza is pretty pricey, though. (However, it's possible to use a Naza Lite, which is much cheaper, and upgradeable.)

Oh wow. Well this is slightly embarrassing. I had it plugged into the slot below (somehow?!) and when putting it into the top one...bingo.
I couldn't find a diagram anywhere online for what port to put the cables in and was afraid of damaging something by trying different ports.
So, all in all, a successful first post! Thank you so much!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4