Stats don't lie. The Distance debate for P3

Reaction score
DJI says the distance that a P3 can achieve is 2000 meters, people have been flying stock up to 5 KM (5000 meters). this means DJI doesn't rate the controller - Quadcopter distance as 2000 meters but the battery life achieving 2000 meters realistically. There are a number of videos where people go up to 3 KM - 5 KM with low battery life but not once did the connection break with the copter or the FPV. Anyone else think the same thing that its based off the battery and not the antenna distance?

DJI says the distance that a P3 can achieve is 2000 meters, people have been flying stock up to 5 KM (5000 meters). this means DJI doesn't rate the controller - Quadcopter distance as 2000 meters but the battery life achieving 2000 meters realistically. There are a number of videos where people go up to 3 KM - 5 KM with low battery life but not once did the connection break with the copter or the FPV. Anyone else think the same thing that its based off the battery and not the antenna distance?
It's the classic under-promise, over-deliver method. No one will complain about going farther than the actual spec.

+1

Battery is kinda spec-ed by flight time.

It's the classic under-promise, over-deliver method. No one will complain about going farther than the actual spec.

Except the 23 minute battery flight time right? Most people that have posted are realistically getting 15 - 18 minutes. This isn't over delivering in my book.

Kind of like MPG when buying new car. No one really gets those numbers because they represent optimal conditions(probably traveling 15 mph downhill with the wind behind you), which we almost never drive in.

Not sure I'd consider hovering over delivering? Even then if hovering floats your boat over delivering would mean what, 27-30min times?
They say "flight time". Hovering is technically flying. Just sayin. Not really an issue once spare batteries become available, regardless.

Battery life is like MPG... YMMV!

I'm seeing a solid 20mins easy from all my flights.

People need to remember conditions vary for everyone. If you're flying in wind that majorly affects it battery life.

Except the 23 minute battery flight time right? Most people that have posted are realistically getting 15 - 18 minutes. This isn't over delivering in my book.
How can they measure flight time other than by passive hovering? Flying your machine at full throttle all the time will give a much different aloft time from gentle flight such as allowing the machine to drift on the breeze.

They don't want to raise red flags with those already looking for reasons to place restrictions.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic