SS Alkimos

Interesting history. Yes I have a Inquiring mind.
Description
Alkimos was a Greek-owned merchant ship which was wrecked on the coast north of Perth, Western Australia in 1963. A nearby locality was later named after the vessel. The wreck is a popular diving venue.Wikipedia
Length: 441′
Construction started: September 18, 1943
Launched: October 11, 1943
Beam: 57′
Crew: 41
Builder: Baltimore
Laid down: 18 September 1943

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You are brave sir to be flying that close to those birds. They looked nervous at first, and then when panning around to the right, they seemed to settle down. That one bird showed you what he thought of you being there!
Good job!

You are brave sir to be flying that close to those birds. They looked nervous at first, and then when panning around to the right, they seemed to settle down. That one bird showed you what he thought of you being there!
Good job!
Lol yip that's bird version of spitting chewing tobbacco out,,he's the Steven Seagal out of the litter ?

• Love
Reactions: John Gowland
Gannets, they BITE. Beaks are serrated to look like teeth. Nasty disposition. They aren’t much for attacking drones cuz they can’t make turns or hover. But a high speed dive will destroy ya. On there way to 100ft down under. ??

Excellent! Looks like an upper part of a submarine. How far from the coast?

Thanks, Andy, dirkclod, above, got it right from Wikipedia a sunken ship. My DJI go app put it at 800 meters. In documentation is says 400 from the shore. So, I fly from 400 meters from the shore, the P4P 2 makes it in about a minute! Then it records with ease and in 4K (H. 265 btw). And the darn thing carries a lume cube so I can see it for up to 2 kilometres away in bright daylight.

It amazes me every time I fly it. With the second edition BT 300 glasses they are the most incredible flying experience. We all get approached by curious minds and I always let them see what the drone can see with its camera. They are shocked, at what they can see.

Reactions: Capt KO
Thanks, Andy, dirkclod, above, got it right from Wikipedia a sunken ship. My DJI go app put it at 800 meters. In documentation is says 400 from the shore. So, I fly from 400 meters from the shore, the P4P 2 makes it in about a minute! Then it records with ease and in 4K (H. 265 btw). And the darn thing carries a lume cube so I can see it for up to 2 kilometres away in bright daylight.

It amazes me every time I fly it. With the second edition BT 300 glasses they are the most incredible flying experience. We all get approached by curious minds and I always let them see what the drone can see with its camera. They are shocked, at what they can see.
Yes, I bet they are. Particulary those who hadn't seen this before.
A lume cube is pretty big. I don't know about the weight. Have you had any stability issues or sensor problems?

It’s 3.5 ounces Andy, the P4P only leans to the right as it takes off, for about a second where the cube is attached between the front and back right legs. The onboard CPU compensates for the extra load and straightens out. Which means if it is a bit windy it has to be hand launched. After that it flies great. I lose a few minutes flight time for the extra payload and the rapid corrections it has to make in flight. Most flyers would rather have more time, but I hate it when I can’t see it in the sky. It also means I can get up close because I am seeing what the camera is seeing without having to look down. I can use up all my 3 batteries and still have the power on the cube on the highest settings and the plenty power left on the BT’s controller.

The whole thing is not cheap but if you have the dosh it’s an incredible experience.

Reactions: Capt KO

Would love to try the BT 300. Have DJI goggles but too clumsy for daily use. Love my P4P’s (v1) just awesome.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I noticed once the birds became aware of you flying around them they all were watching and probably trying to figure out what was going on. At least none of them attacked. Well done!
Thanks for sharing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers