Spokane area

I noticed in the airmap app that basically the north part of lake cda, much of Hayden lake, all of Newman lake sm and Hauser are all within 5 miles of an "Airport" and it says flight strictly regulated. I see drone videos of C'da on YouTube, are people calling the airports before flying? Some of these aren't really airports, it looks like they are considering lake cda an Airport, I guess because of the sea planes.

Anyway just looking to see what people are doing before flying. The vast majority of our entire region is restricted airspace. Post falls, Spokane, Spokane Valley, north Spokane, all restricted. Where are you flying?

P3A with Nvidia Shield K1 tablet
Well after looking at google maps for six months i’ve Flown from the south hill dog park and the Slaven conservatory parking lot (still not sure if it’s OK in a conservatory). Both are secluded and long range. Bowl & pitcher upper parking lot....I wish! State parks suck

Well after looking at google maps for six months i’ve Flown from the south hill dog park and the Slaven conservatory parking lot (still not sure if it’s OK in a conservatory). Both are secluded and long range. Bowl & pitcher upper parking lot....I wish! State parks suck

Jack I wanted to ask. I'm very new with a real drone, I just bought a Phantom 3 standard and I'm trying to figure out where I can fly and can't fly. I didn't think we could fly in the state park? Do you have to get the okay from the Ranger?

And I've read through this whole post, but if I missed it I apologize. If there is a group of drone flyers in the area please let me know how to join up with you all.

You are not supposed to fly in state parks. I’ve discussed it with the rangers and its a no. They told me to go to the WA State parks website and look there. I was told there was a process on that site to get permissions.

Reactions: Oldarmy
You are not supposed to fly in state parks. I’ve discussed it with the rangers and its a no. They told me to go to the WA State parks website and look there. I was told there was a process on that site to get permissions.
I contacted Washington State Parks and they sent me the information. You have to submit the request 2 weeks prior to when you want to fly and it cost to submit it. Such BS... I can take my 4-wheeler or dirt bike and tear up the area in 9 mile.. don't get it. Remote Controlled Aircraft | Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission

Jack I wanted to ask. I'm very new with a real drone, I just bought a Phantom 3 standard and I'm trying to figure out where I can fly and can't fly. I didn't think we could fly in the state park? Do you have to get the okay from the Ranger?

And I've read through this whole post, but if I missed it I apologize. If there is a group of drone flyers in the area please let me know how to join up with you all.
As far as I know Spokane fpv is the only one. And ya, finding a place to fly in spokane isn't easy.

35cf2d25f90666d69cebbf54b4110ff3.jpg

As far as I know Spokane fpv is the only one. And ya, finding a place to fly in spokane isn't easy.

According to the rangers for Riverside State Park you cannot fly in state parks without a permit. Go to the WA state park web and you’ll find the process.

According to the rangers for Riverside State Park you cannot fly in state parks without a permit. Go to the WA state park web and you’ll find the process.
Yeah but $25 each time you go there seems like a ripoff and a penalty for following the rules. I guess it beats the Seattle rules of Absolutely No Flying in any City Park

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl