Speaking of batteries...

Reaction score
Banggood now wants me to ship the battery back to them in China for replacement. Is it even legal or, screw the legalities, is it even safe to be shipping a li-po battery pack that is all puffed out, ready to 'pop'?

I don't know about the US but in Australia you have to sign your life away when you send a parcel anywhere ie no dangerous goods,illegal substances ,stolen body parts ...the list goes on.

Their website says nothing about a need to return the battery. You could refuse and see what they say. At the end of the day, they can always refuse to refund your money.

Sending them by any US shipper would be illegal.

Why should you have to pay to ship them back their nfg battery. Tell them it's on them to pay the shipping and you request a letter confirming they take full responsibility for all any legal actions this may cause.

The problem goes both way. There is plenty of people who claimed all kind of bs to get free goods.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Squirrel!
Their website says nothing about a need to return the battery. You could refuse and see what they say. At the end of the day, they can always refuse to refund your money.

Sending them by any US shipper would be illegal.
Dear customer,

Thanks for your email and sorry for the inconvinece caused in your order xxxxxxxx

Do you mind to send it back and we resend you a new version DJI 3 battery or refund full to you?

Here is our address.

Cuixi Luo

Room 703 HaoQuan Building

Jichangdongmen Road #1 Jingtai Street

Baiyun District

Guangzhou 510400

China

TEL:020-86073343

Mobile:13640852921

Waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

Dear customer,

Thanks for your email and sorry for the inconvinece caused in your order xxxxxxxx

Do you mind to send it back and we resend you a new version DJI 3 battery or refund full to you?

Here is our address.

Cuixi Luo

Room 703 HaoQuan Building

Jichangdongmen Road #1 Jingtai Street

Baiyun District

Guangzhou 510400

China

TEL:020-86073343

Mobile:13640852921

Waiting for your reply.

Best regards,

I would make the argument that you are putting people in danger by sending a damaged Lipo in the mail. There's a reason airlines won't let you check lipo batteries that are not installed... they should understand this.

In most countries you cannot send batteries by air.

Maybe they know this, or at least should do.
The suggestion of sending to Bangood in US sounds good or send pictures to them.

Asking for you to ship their product back doesn't sound particularly weird. Maybe they just want to investigate to see what the problem was.

However....

There's a reason airlines won't let you check lipo batteries that are not installed... they should understand this.

This part is definitely strange. Seems like that's playing with fire by asking you to ship already puffed-up batteries.

Reactions: Squirrel!
Exactly. I'll be damned if I'm to be the reason of death and destruction due to shipping this thing.

I replied I wasn't going to send it to them due to safety concerns and legalities. They haven't replied back. If I don't hear something in the next 48 hours, I'm just going to push PayPal for a refund.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers