Spare battery ?

Reaction score
I went to order a spare battery for the P4P and it says its only taking pre-orders ?? I know I can get one thats a little smaller and save a few $$ but Id rather have the larger capacity battery.

Yep, I'm waiting for another high cap battery as well and no (meaningful) indication whatsoever from DJI as to when it might ship, as usual (and they've already missed the estimated shipping date when I made the order of course.) It's DJI SOP... it'll shine when it shines.

Yep - I was speaking to someone at the warehouse that supplies all of our products last night and they have a direct line to DJI multiple times each week. As of now, the newer higher capacity batteries are not available to purchase. Of course everyone is hoping they will be shipping soon because the supply of P4Ps is pretty good out there and they had to have batteries to get those in the hands of customers.

Of course we are taking pre-orders for them as well at www.FloridaDroneSupply.com - and I can certainly make a post as soon as we get an indication that they are in route to the dealers for anyone that would rather not pre-order and just try to find them available as soon as they start shipping. The only downside to that is dealers will fill their pre-orders before they have general availability. Same thing happened with the Mavic (and the Inspire 1, and the P3, etc).

We got notice that we might be getting Mavic batteries next week so hopefully the new P4P batteries are coming soon as well.

Out of Stock :(

I saw that too but there was another listing that had the same thing. I can't speak for the authenticity, but I did see them for sale.

I'm kind of scared to buy the $99 dollar batteries off of Ebay or even Amazon. Even though they are advertised as DJI original and new I see a lot of reviews/user reports of problems with them. I have absolutely no idea whether these are valid concerns or not but I'm kind of leery with taking any chances with a battery given the... err... consequences. But again I just don't know whether it is really a valid concern or not. Some say they're great and some say what they received seemed questionable and I have no idea who is right.

I'm kind of scared to buy the $99 dollar batteries off of Ebay or even Amazon. Even though they are advertised as DJI original and new I see a lot of reviews/user reports of problems with them. I have absolutely no idea whether these are valid concerns or not but I'm kind of leery with taking any chances with a battery given the... err... consequences. But again I just don't know whether it is really a valid concern or not.

Yeah, when it comes to batteries we don't take any chances. Before we were a DJI dealer we were a Tattu battery distributer (and still are). We believe in good batteries, slow charging, immediate discharging and IR monitoring to detect problems. Batteries are what keep these things in the air.

But, batteries get expensive and maybe the eBay seller bought up a bunch of the old battery stock from someone waiting on all the new batteries to come out and they are selling them cheap...tough to know.

I ordered two of the older 5350mahr batteries along with the P4P knowing how DJI works it could be months before the supply of Part 64 batteries becomes readily available and I wanted at least 3 batteries as a minimum. I'll probably order a couple of the 5870mahr batteries (Part 64) when they are. And what the hell does Part 64 mean?

Brian

Yes, if the high cap batteries aren't available until Spring (only half kidding because it wouldn't really surprise me) I'm going to have to break down and but some P4 batteries. At least they are compatible or it would be an even worse mess (which appears to be DJI's specialty.)

Yes, if the high cap batteries aren't available until Spring (only half kidding because it wouldn't really surprise me) I'm going to have to break down and but some P4 batteries. At least they are compatible or it would be an even worse mess (which appears to be DJI's specialty.)

I had three flights on my first P4P before having to send it back and that was two flights on the 5870 battery and one flight on the 5350 battery. I got almost exactly 20 minutes on the 5870 battery and landed with 26% remaining. The 5350 battery gave me just under 17 minutes and landed with 26% once again. Not enough data and the batteries are new so too soon to know if the capacity and flight times increase a bit. Getting 20 minutes reliably with 25% or more to spare is nice though it would be even nicer if 30 minutes were actually doable without draining the battery down to zero.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic