Spain/Canaries regulations?

Reaction score
I would like to bring my bird along to the Canaries, and want to stay legal. Questions:
- any complications at Spanish airports? (Entry with a drone, Security when leaving)
- local rules? any registration/contact with the authorities beforehand necessary?
- Which zones are "free" on the map? (AFAIK this one is the official) Only the white areas??
- Does the drone need an ID decal?

Thank you! Yes, I know, almost 100% of the area is blocked, e.g Fuerteventura looks slightly better otherwise the restrictions on the islands are ridiculous. I don't hope for a permit, I'll only fly in unrestricted areas.

Very interesting: this map shows much more available, unrestricted areas. The 200'000€ question is, which one is right...

Enaire_tenerife.png
IcarusmapaTenerife.png

Last edited:
Hi, you might find this helpful Drone Film Guide .Stuart is a filmaker who uses Drones, he was recently in Spain and he managed to trash his Mavic Pro into a cliff. He does mention some issues he came across there in terms of being told where he couldn't fly even though he was nowhere near an airport. His website is www.dronefilmguide.com and he does a brilliant masterclass in cinematography if that is of interest.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20