South Lake Tahoe in 4K

Reaction score
Hi guys I made this video on our recent trip to South Lake Tahoe, California, USA this winter. The video is not all drone. It is mix of go pro and Phantom 4 footage. All shots was taken at 30fps. I cheated using adobe premiere pro for the slow motion effect. If you just want the drone shot here is the time table: 0:22-0:50 1:35-1:41 2:21-2:28 2:37-3:08. Sorry, it is not all drone video.

Hi guys I made this video on our recent trip to South Lake Tahoe, California, USA this winter. The video is not all drone. It is mix of go pro and Phantom 4 footage. All shots was taken at 30fps. I cheated using adobe premiere pro for the slow motion effect. If you just want the drone shot here is the time table: 0:22-0:50 1:35-1:41 2:21-2:28 2:37-3:08. Sorry, it is not all drone video.
Most certainly a "cut" above the average amateur video! In addition to skilled camera usage you edited with a professional-grade video editor. Many people don't know what a huge difference that can make in the end result. Great work!

Reactions: john08
Most certainly a "cut" above the average amateur video! In addition to skilled camera usage you edited with a professional-grade video editor. Many people don't know what a huge difference that can make in the end result. Great work!
Thank you! I appreciate your input!

i cant stand selfie stick.
woulda been cooler if you had drone hovering/following while on the snowmobile.
great music n editing.

i cant stand selfie stick.
woulda been cooler if you had drone hovering/following while on the snowmobile.
great music n editing.
Thanks for the input! I would love to fly the drone while in the snowmobile but we went on a tour and there was so many people. I think it is possible if you have your own snowmobile but would be difficult because there is always a change in elevation. It was actually a gimbal that was used to film us on the snowmobile. I don't like the selfie concept too but pointing the camera and gimbal towards us was the only way to go :)

Hey nice job on the video! I skied Heavenly Valley years ago when I wore a younger man's clothes:)
Great memories, thanks for sharing...

Reactions: john08
Great stuff. And doing slow mo in post is not cheating. You'll lose a bit of quality but if you shoot at 60 fps and then drop the playback speed by 50% you'll see a difference. Worth playing with. Great little film.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj