Reaction score
I am a recent transplant from Minneapolis, so finding new places has been a challenge. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone been flying at the local high schools or colleges. With the recent San Jose Park restrictions and Santa Clara County drone ban policy at county parks, flying space is getting limited.

Curious if any of these have a Drone Policy or "No Trespassing"? May be worth a few calls to find out.

1. West Wind Capital Drive-In off Capital Expressway and Monterey Rd. -Large open air parking lot / drive-in for practice.
2. Gunderson High School - Great fields
3. Communications Hill - Open space with terrain variations
4. Behind Santa Clara Water District buildings on Alameda - open dry swamp and creek over flow.
5. Local Vineyards like Mountain Winery (with permission of course)
6. Leland High School - Great field space
7. West Valley College
8. Lick Observatory / Mount Hamilton -Worth the trip and sights alone.
9. North fields of Leyva Middle School - Great open fields north of school.

Any great spots for practice or great spots for exploration?

Chris

I live in Los Gatos and like the area north of Santa Cruz. It's a marine sanctuary so you can't fly over the water but there are tons on great places along route 1. North of Pescadero over the water is not restricted.

I just went to Lick Observatory today. Unfortunately, it has a posted "No Drone Zone" sign. However, I drove just a little bit past the observatory towards Patterson and let 'er rip. I hit 5,000 feet distance away!

Are there any good spots along the coastline (santa cruz / Carmel / Monterey / etc.)?

Thinking about heading to the bay area this weekend. Any have any recommendations where to fly to get some nice shots?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I will be in the San Francisco area and was wondering places to fly.

Any and all of suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj