Sounds like...200ft flying for us

Are you a FAA registered kite flyer?
Makes me wonder? I think the Poster meant 300-400 ft out. Not 300 -400 ft high. I've flown & built big kites that have incredible pull at even 50ft levels. Deltas can go almost straight up but to 300- 400 ft levels? Nah.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
and your drone comes buzzing into my back yard to take pictures of them, well, your drone is gonna catch a severe case of lead poisoning too and good luck getting the parts back. There is no excuse for someone's drone, mine included, to be in or over at low altitudes over private property low enough to see under a patio..

No, they should not be IN YOUR YARD low enough to see under a patio.
And I own guns also. Still, I'm not stupid enough to start shooting regardless.
If I can swat a drone down that's that low in my yard I will.
But NEVER will I start shooting at drones. That's reckless and worse than the alleged drone behavior.
Two wrongs do not make a right.

If a drone is low enough in your yard to swat it down with a long stick, I say go for it.

But if it's 100 feet up or more and you still believe they're "snooping" or whatever, ....call the law. Get binoculars and read the registration number if you can.

Shooting a drone out of the sky is NOT the correct or adult response in a civilized society. PERIOD.

No, they should not be IN YOUR YARD low enough to see under a patio.
And I own guns also. Still, I'm not stupid enough to start shooting regardless.
If I can swat a drone down that's that low in my yard I will.
But NEVER will I start shooting at drones. That's reckless and worse than the alleged drone behavior.
Two wrongs do not make a right.

If a drone is low enough in your yard to swat it down with a long stick, I say go for it.

But if it's 100 feet up or more and you still believe they're "snooping" or whatever, ....call the law. Get binoculars and read the registration number if you can.

Shooting a drone out of the sky is NOT the correct or adult response in a civilized society. PERIOD.
Exactly. No one has the right to take the law into their own hands. You call the police like any civilized person would.

I will wager one cold one that we will will see it before Dec 31, 2019.

What's your poison? A nice Sam Adams Winter Lager for me.

SD

Yup! I agree with you. Amazon has the money and the clout behind them. Something we hobbyist peons have not.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Yup! I agree with you. Amazon has the money and the clout behind them. Something we hobbyist peons have not.

I see a whole new line of careers opening up in the future.....

Very Low Altitude, Slow High Density Air Traffic Controller (VLA-SHDATC) - Now taking applications.

(Unless by then Skynet is given the job) o_O
skynet_-_blk_mens_cu_5_1-300x300.jpg

I see a whole new line of careers opening up in the future.....

Very Low Altitude, Slow High Density Air Traffic Controller (VLA-SHDATC) - Now taking applications.

(Unless by then Skynet is given the job) o_O
skynet_-_blk_mens_cu_5_1-300x300.jpg

Well, there go the weekend flyers, general one time drone flyers and leaves a patch of airspace for only those hardcore aficionado's. This skynet is very interesting and possibly if commercial use becomes standard which it probably will, then Skynet is a must. The worst issue would be the general hobbyist who would just want to once in a while fly his drone over his house or neighborhood for a short time. He would not be experienced and would not get his license that Skynet and/or the FAA would require. In some cases, Skynet may need to "Take Control" of a sUAV in certain situations to avoid an air or ground castastrophe. It also seems that training, and licensing would be a requirement for any drone or UAS. Very interesting. I'm just getting into this hobby, and feel the way it is going, may be short lived, say 3-5 years. I for one would not get into it so deep as to go to flight school for drones, licensing and the like. Well happy flying until then. Thanks for sharing the article.

I'm sorry, this a viable liability issue I don't see them getting around....
If they are able, I'm happy for them! But I'm not seeing it in a contested or populated area. Maybe rural, but that's it. Delivering vet supplies to a rancher ect... Things with low liability issues is The only way this would work. Or life-saving situations.
But for commerce, I just don't see it!
Moose

I can't say you're right or wrong but......
Ya know, similar things were said about man traveling through the skies long before the Wright brothers came along ;)
Maybe there's some technology in the works we don't yet know about that will be a game changer.
Maybe all their drones will be equipped with air bags or parachutes...who knows.

Amazon is huge...and powerful.
I can't see them investing all this energy into something they already know will never happen.
They seem to be dedicated to the cause.
I know they're big enough to dictate to the USPS how the USPS can run their operations and can still
tell them to take a hike at will.

I can't say you're right or wrong but......
Ya know, similar things were said about man traveling through the skies long before the Wright brothers came along ;)
Maybe there's some technology in the works we don't yet know about that will be a game changer.
Maybe all their drones will be equipped with air bags or parachutes...who knows.

Amazon is huge...and powerful.
I can't see them investing all this energy into something they already know will never happen.
They seem to be dedicated to the cause.
I know they're big enough to dictate to the USPS how the USPS can run their operations and can still
tell them to take a hike at will.

They are already spending millions of R&D dollars on this very project of drone delivery. There have been some articles listed on Phantom Pilots discussions.

They are already spending millions of R&D dollars on this very project of drone delivery. There have been some articles listed on Phantom Pilots discussions.

Exactly, I just can't imagine Amazon doesn't have the legal resources to know where this is headed.

They do, but they may be blinded by the color of green and they certainly don't care about us hobbyists.

I wonder how many ex-Amazon lawyers tried to tell them at bored(sic) meetings that very thing?
tossed-out.jpg

Reactions: NRJ
If its up hundred feet or so flying past my back yard, hell I will wave as it goes by, got no issues with that. Its clearly transiting the area going somewhere else. That a different scenario than what appears to have happened in the KDS case. They didn't fly over. They stopped for a peek. Quite a few according to him and the neighbors. Whole different ball 'o twine right there.

Telemetry shows that the craft was 190' in the air before it even approached the neighborhood. It stopped for about 20 seconds as the operator raised it to 273' and then flew on. I think it was at about 260 feet is when it was shot down by the KDS.

The video from the P3P really sucks.

Telemetry shows that the craft was 190' in the air before it even approached the neighborhood. It stopped for about 20 seconds as the operator raised it to 273' and then flew on. I think it was at about 260 feet is when it was shot down by the KDS.

Anxiously awaiting the Federal trial.

All you would need is a commercial licence then you could legally go 400 ft and ruin amazons already idiotic system :)

Dude is a crack shot, and had to be using slug, to hit a small drone at almost 300' feet up!!

Has Amazon said how many birds they'll have in the air at once, and how many human pilots supervising the process? I say it might never happen but they like to talk about it for all the free publicity.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1