So why did you exchange your Phantom 4?

Reaction score
Was curious what problems pilots have had with their P 4s to make them exchange for another one. I swapped mine out because it would not recoginze the usb connector. Could not update firmware.

Last edited:
I believe most of them are returning them because of misleading about battery runtime and flying distance

did you see post dji is making drones fall out of sky if your in a nfz

did you see post dji is making drones fall out of sky if your in a nfz
Your post is quite sensationalistic and since you read it you know that is not true. The firmware is putting into auto landing due to flying into a NFZ.

Also, the OP may have been stretching the truth a bit judging by what the moderator had to say about it. He claims the guy knowingly flew well into the NFZ according to the logs.
So no, Phantoms are not falling from the sky ... even in NFZ's.

P4 complaints involve range & battery runtime issues. Mine gets decent range but battery life is a major disappointment.

Was curious what problems pilots have had with their P 4s to make them exchange for another one. I swapped mine out because it would not recoginze the usb connector. Could not update firmware.

My first one had a defective gimbal. The gimbal motors were very weak and it would flop over in the wind. My second one has been great in every aspect including range of over 12,000'.

Exchanged mine for bad calibration and bad video. The second unit (from Apple store) the RC was dead. Went back to Apple and took the the RC from the first drone and paired it to the second drone.

If you poke around here a little you'll find a number of reasons. I retuned mine for easons including:
Altitude drops when cutting off the throttle
Firmware I could not downgrade or refresh
Blurry video
FPV video dropouts
Unsatisfactory tech support
...there may be something else I'm not recalling at the moment.

I have not purchased another bird. Gonna wait a while and see how things shake out some of which are drone related, some of which are personal.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Mine was perfect, returned because I thought it was overpriced. Got the P3A. Was unhappy.

Flew Autel yesterday. It flies identical to the P3 but with the build quality of the P4. Largely, the best of both worlds + modular cam but lacks the range and obstacle avoidance as well as hover stability.

Flew Typhoon H. Awesome bird, but it's larger both stored and flying, and is thus less agile.

The gimble is substantially slower than the Phantoms IMO. Like Autel, range is less DJI but still better than the "wifi" type birds like P3S and others.

Typhoon is also quieter and took forever to "boot up" - I like hiking with my drones to capture a lot of shots I couldn't take on foot. In tight canyons, range is really important and OA is worth the extra premium.

Would really like to see what the RealSense module will do but the Tyohoon doesn't have VPS standard which is why it's not as precise hovering

Bought P4 again with 2 more batteries for $1400.

Might consider returning this one also, I don't like the color, I want a white one.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31