snowing ...

I do and no problem. Snow is Fresh Water Vapour frozen.

As long as its only light stuff - its fine. The motors run warm, model internals are warm from the battery, just give it a good wipe down after each flight.

There is a lot of rubbish given out about damage to motors etc. - which is bunkum.
If it was true - then can someone explain how models survive winter meetings when snow on the ground, landing into it etc.

My YouTube channel - solentlifeuk - has many videos of models having great time in deep snow .... others post videos as well .....

Nigel

I flew yesterday at just below 0 Celsius. Thick fog and at about 80m altitude, I got a motor overheating error. Auto descent, but much too fast - shattered the lens cover.

The rotor blades were iced over, so I'm guessing the extra weight caused the overheat.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I live an hour north of Toronto and fly all the time in the snow well below freezing. Flying in fog around the freezing mark will get you for sure, I avoid flying then even though it would make for an amazing video.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Nice to read about others flying .....

Here in my club - we look forward to winter flying. We even have special party meetings with all manner of models including expensive professional survey drones attending.

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164