Small hairline crack

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just noticed a small hairline crack between two of the screws on my p3s, how many people ignore this and see if it gets worse? I have contacted DJI and they have sent me a repair form but there could be a charge. I am uk based. 5 months old.

I just repaired my own with epoxy and installed protective aluminum motor plates to help prevent further cracks from forming so far no more cracks

Yeah, i got the prop guards too. Don't use them anymore but i keep the attachment points on to protect the points in question

Why did not you use them more, do not you think it's useful to protect the rotors?
Prop guards does not help but prompt for issues within the motor area. The thing that really helps a lot is the metal plates on.

And what do you rely on for that affirmation, why do you think that they do not protect you against a blow to the rotors?
If you check the forum, you will see that the prop guards caused weight issues that can crack the plastic easily around the motors. The metal plates help a lot in avoiding any crack.

I bought a new shell and replaced the p3s shell just because I wanted to change the shell and removing the prop guard screw in plastic part I noticed a lot of hidden cracks which had I not wanted a new shell I would have not known that the cracks were hidden or existed. I think this would be do to heat, and over torque on screws that seem to start from those motor screws and spider outward. So alloy plate if you do put them on don’t over torque the screws. I am now installing the alloy plates and use a torque bit and get them all torqued the same then as I fly after each flight I’ll check for stress cracks and see after 3 months how and if this does help the plastic in relieving the stress to the aircrafts screw points and motor area

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1