SkyPixel?

Reaction score
Website
www.jeffreysipress.com
I know that a few folks here participate on the SkyPixel site. I signed up and posted a few images. Except from my own personal page, there is no way to find or view them. No one has ever seen them. The search, organizational, and navigation on that site is total crap. Under 'Photographers', the list goes on forever as long as you keep scrolling. How many are there? Can you sort? Of course not. You can't find anyone in particular. The categories are useless. What good do the tags I used do? The search function is useless.

What's the point of that place?

I know that a few folks here participate on the SkyPixel site. I signed up and posted a few images. Except from my own personal page, there is no way to find or view them. No one has ever seen them. The search, organizational, and navigation on that site is total crap. Under 'Photographers', the list goes on forever as long as you keep scrolling. How many are there? Can you sort? Of course not. You can't find anyone in particular. The categories are useless. What good do the tags I used do? The search function is useless.

Totally agree,its useless,,sposed to be sharing platform like YouTube I presumed,,can't say I looked at it for a while and to make it worse there's some great pics on there but yip unorganized and random,I used to upload to there after going though dji editor but not for a while,

I know that a few folks here participate on the SkyPixel site.
Not much that I can tell, it's about the worst place you can use to display your work.
Somewhere like 500px is much better (but still not perfect).
Skypixel gets almost the same number of views as putting your work in a shoebox in the back of a cupboard.
DJI seems to have no vision for Skypixel.
Every year or two, someone new comes along and makes a few trivial changes but nothing ever improves.

Reactions: JeffreyS
If you enter any of the DJI contests posts to Skypixel are the way to go. Here was one of my contest entries, 32,000 views!
(Of course this forum will NOT accept media from Skypixel so below is a link to my entry vid.)
Your link is working now

You only get more than a couple of views if DJI specially select and feature your submission.
They select only a few and some of the work they choose to display suggests random choice.
I emailed them about why none of my entries ever showed at all in the last contest I entered.
Here's their reply:
For one thing, we do want to showcase millions of works every day, but we limited bandwidth to cover all, as you mentioned, we have to involve machine learning and algorithm in picking up the best works, and sometime it may fail. Plus, it is also our responsibility to not only showcase the best works, we also want to represent as a role model in the area of aerial photography. Meaning that we would like to give staff pick to everyone who has a chance. As a result, some of your work may lose a staff pick or so, but please understand that is because we want our users to see more topics and diversities here. We share the same logic in contest gallery as well.
They use a computer to decide what's worth showing !!
I was never able to find out if the judges got to see entries the computer didn't pick for display on their contest gallery.
The idea of a peoples choice prize is pointless when people can only see what their computer chooses to show in the contest gallery.

But I later got a notification that: Congratulations! You have become the " This Week’s Most Popular " winner in 2018 SkyPixel Aerial Photo & Video Contest, we have prepared a 5% off Mavic 2 coupon for you! Please log in at the DJI Online Store(https://store.dji.com ) to claim your coupon!
Rather strange since the image had no views at all.
Here's the image that the computer didn't think good enough: (It's had 104000 views on 500px)
DJI_0096Z-X2.jpg

Last edited:

I think I got three or four followers on skypixel after years of uploading. I just got an Instagram account two days ago and it has already grown much bigger than my skypixel account that I have had for a few years.

I think I got three or four followers on skypixel after years of uploading. I just got an Instagram account two days ago and it has already grown much bigger than my skypixel account that I have had for a few years.

Instagram is another colossal waste of time. Can't use it from your computer (absolutely unbelievable) and it crops all your images to square. What brainless moron came up with that one!

Instagram is another colossal waste of time. Can't use it from your computer (absolutely unbelievable) and it crops all your images to square. What brainless moron came up with that one!
To fix the Instagram crop just click a little button on the app's upload page and it isn't cropped anymore. Easy!

Also Instagram works fine on my MacBook.
iMarkup_20190904_181348.jpeg
Screenshot_20190904-180839.jpeg

BTW: Just a heads up, at www.jeffreysipress.com it says I must upgrade my flash player and enable Java simply to view a couple of photos...I don't THINK so.

There were sites, I think, that posted our pictures, that people was able to comment and promote our works from around the world. They seem to went under. The ones that know how to make a buck are still around. I think it ends up we don’t have control over anything, we just play the game. It’s all for making money and we are used at our expense.
The same for these forums. The people who help a lot, have good knowledge, interesting comments, are the ones that help promote this forum and increase the revenues. Anyone who causes distention ? you’re out, like you just disappeared in thin air. LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj