Silvan landscapes

Reaction score
This region is on the eastern flanks of the Dandenong Ranges, not far from Melbourne (Australia). From the air, it's a patchwork quilt of market gardens - very scenic, but you don't see a lot of drone footage of the area. The morning I flew there, low cloud was spilling up from the valley below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This region is on the eastern flanks of the Dandenong Ranges, not far from Melbourne (Australia). From the air, it's a patchwork quilt of market gardens - very scenic, but you don't see a lot of drone footage of the area. The morning I flew there, low cloud was spilling up from the valley below.
Beautiful.
How do you avoid fogging up the lens? I tried to "scenically rise above the fog", but by the time i'm through, lens is covered in condensation and everything blurry :( is there an coating I can spray on the lens ? or a filter to attach ? Thanks

Beautiful.
How do you avoid fogging up the lens? I tried to "scenically rise above the fog", but by the time i'm through, lens is covered in condensation and everything blurry :( is there an coating I can spray on the lens ? or a filter to attach ? Thanks
Thanks. I fly with goggles, so a more common problem for me is the fogging up of those lenses in cold weather. Filming for this particular video I was mostly skimming over the top of the cloud (without fogging issues), and for some reason, on the one occasion when flying in the cloud for an extended period near ground level (relatively slowly), there were only minor issues with condensation. However, more recently at a different location I took off inside a heavy cloud base and rose up quickly on a diagonal trajectory before clearing it (about 150m vertically and 300m horizontally), at which point the lens surface was totally saturated. It took a couple of minutes' flying in clear air for it to dry off.
Subsequently, I researched anti-fog lens wipes and ended up buying a brand called Clearwipe from my local pharmacy. Demand for these products would have soared during Covid - people who wear glasses had problems with fogging while wearing face-masks. The wipes work for my goggles. I haven't had an opportunity to test them on the drone.

Nice video

Reactions: Pygar70

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic